oem yamaha fj-09 hard saddllebag mount brackets

mctso

hello all and good morning

having a bit of trouble understanding the right way to mount these brackets on the bike... instruction very poor... I can see where they mount on the inside of passenger footpegs but don't understand the if I mount them one at time and then attach that metal cross piece... can anyone run me thru the procedure to mount these brackets... would much appreciate the help and info

mctso

hi there thanks for the video it is helpful however I do have a different system... only have one bracket that goes across to hold the 2 outer brackets in place I am going to need longer bolts frm the footpeg bracket... I will succeed one way or another... again thanks for the help. ihave watched a few of your informative videos looking to add that puig touring windscreen also... thanks again

mctsl

Are the panniers the same? If so this is the only bracket I know of. Are you sure the mounting set is correct for the bike? My local agent had originally accidentally provided me mounting instructions for the MT-07.

Part number should be: b5c-f84g0-00-00

just checked oem Yamaha parts and pretty sure I have the right ones on the invoice I have y-2pp-284go-00-00 I think if have it figured out now

went to aftermarket store a got the longer bolts with the right thread ... I will get them mounted by hook or crook ... will fabricate something if I have to .... merry Christmas to you and thanks for the update

mark

did some further checking you could be right... I am not a hundred percent sure I have the right brackets... sent the dealer a  msg to confirm part number.... the number I quoted is for the key lock not the brackets will advise

m

Your bracket set should have the 2 extensions that screw on to the foot peg. and the 3 pieces that form the brace between the 2 foot pegs. All bolts should have been provided with the set.

The extensions are important as they hold the panniers in place.  Without them the panniers will not be secured correctly.

B5C-F84G0-00-00-CITY-SIDE-CASE-STAY-Stud

• Supporting Member

Hi @mctso - It looks like you own a 2017 FJ09, which means the saddlebag brackets are different than what is shown above for a newer-model Tracer/Tracer GT.    I’m out for awhile this afternoon with the family, but would be glad to get you some photos of the setup I have for the factory bags on my 2015 FJ09...  it should be identical to yours.  

Good luck, and I’ll check back a bit later tonight. 

-Scott

howdy scott

thanks for note will look forward to the photos I think I have it figured out ... I just have that one additional bracket that goes across and connects the two bag brackets not the 2 independent ones for the newer tracer

mark

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, mctso said:

howdy scott

thanks for note will look forward to the photos I think I have it figured out ... I just have that one additional bracket that goes across and connects the two bag brackets not the 2 independent ones for the newer tracer

mark

Yep.  Should be three bracket pieces in total:  The left & right ‘L’ shaped brackets, and a flat cross-connect bracket.   The side brackets bolt between the frame lugs and the passenger peg brackets at the top, then bolt through from the back into the lower end of the passenger peg carrier.   The top bracket that spans the gap between the side pieces mounts above the side bracket support tabs & bolts together at the junction.  

Here’s how it looks installed on my bike.   There’s an extra bracket and lines for my Ohlins shock in theses photos, but that doesn’t change the bag mounting points.  

2E8490D5-4C76-4880-AA2D-589977F0008F.thumb.jpeg.746cfeda8cc8b70386b9e01fbb74c49f.jpeg

359294F6-B13E-41AC-B61E-5AFFC15F150D.thumb.jpeg.9942448dc61753e5f194edc70fe02ad6.jpeg

E57D07FB-F197-4175-B56C-CAF19E9679A4.thumb.jpeg.977403b20f5e04113882ef610f3a25b3.jpeg

389C52D7-0EFD-4E00-A6B8-E6F358C9A335.thumb.jpeg.d23f505fdca968248ee69a64a1211236.jpeg

thanks a lot all good the bags are on no  problem fit very well it was just a matter of looking at it and fitting the pieces thanks

again for your input

mctso

Archived