• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Who do we like for adventure tires?

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

But if you aren't going in the dirt and not going up any dirt hills, then knobs aren't needed. But dont be fooled, non knobbie tires will slide out and spin out and get you hurt in dirt. 

I guess I'm still thinking the "trials tires" that came on dirt bikes like my old Yamaha RT360 back in the 70's.  

Based on all the recommendations here, I'll try a set of the 606's .  

3 minutes ago, phpaul said:

I guess I'm still thinking the "trials tires" that came on dirt bikes like my old Yamaha RT360 back in the 70's.  

Based on all the recommendations here, I'll try a set of the 606's .  

The Pirelli DOT trials tire works good on the back, you can air it down to 8 lbs and it will stick to rocks and roots like glue.

But trials tires suck in wet mud like you get a ton of in Maine. I grew up and learned to ride in Maine. 

Again, if you don't plan on taking it off road, then you don't need knobs. But it's Maine, you'll end up off road. 

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

The Pirelli DOT trials tire works good on the back, you can air it down to 8 lbs and it will stick to rocks and roots like glue.

But trials tires suck in wet mud like you get a ton of in Maine. I grew up and learned to ride in Maine. 

Again, if you don't plan on taking it off road, then you don't need knobs. But it's Maine, you'll end up off road. 

I had the pirelli mt43 on the back of mt KTM dual sport and it was really like cheating, I would walk up trails like i was riding on Velcro. I had the ultra heavy duty tube and would go down the 6psi, never had a problem and the tire wore like steel. Mud it sucked in and going down steep hills was like riding on ice lol but man it was a hell of a dual sport tire. I ended up getting rid of it because it gripped so well on the fire roads in between trails that it would cause my front tire (which was a knobby ) to push thru the turns and not let me really slide they the turns. 

26 minutes ago, whitecrow said:

Another good knobby tire would be the Maxxis desert IT, it was another tire that wore like steel and has a really stiff sidewall so if you ever did want to air it down to 8psi it would take it no problem.

I have that on the back of my KTM 250 and it's amazing on the dirt and rocks but Chunks off on the tarmac.

31 minutes ago, whitecrow said:

I had the pirelli mt43 on the back of mt KTM dual sport and it was really like cheating, I would walk up trails like i was riding on Velcro. I had the ultra heavy duty tube and would go down the 6psi, never had a problem and the tire wore like steel. Mud it sucked in and going down steep hills was like riding on ice lol but man it was a hell of a dual sport tire. I ended up getting rid of it because it gripped so well on the fire roads in between trails that it would cause my front tire (which was a knobby ) to push thru the turns and not let me really slide they the turns. 

I have one hanging on the wall and it is what I use when I go to Moab on the red rocks. Amazing rock tire. It is like cheating, your right! 

155365472688454992002118425879.jpg

Archived