Ride next Saturday the 21st of March?

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
Looks like 75 degrees F in the forecast. Any interest in a scoot around the local twisties?
David and Ty, maybe we can try a different route this time?

Thinking Frazier Park to Lockwood Valley, up and over the 33 to Boccali's italian restaurant for lunch and the 150 to Grimes on home.
The meeting point will be the Starbucks at 11850 Balboa Blvd, just north of Rinaldi next to the McDonalds at 9:00am.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Mar 15, 2015 15:21:25 GMT -7 IAMALEWZER said: Looks like 75 degrees F in the forecast. Any interest in a scoot around the local twisties?

Thinking Frazier Park to Lockwood Valley, up and over the 33 to Boccali's italian restaurant for lunch and the 150 to Grimes on home.

That sounds good Lewis. I'll let you know later on in the week.

Ty
'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member

Mar 15, 2015 15:21:25 GMT -7 IAMALEWZER said: Looks like 75 degrees F in the forecast. Any interest in a scoot around the local twisties?

That sounds good Lewis. I'll let you know later on in the week. 
Ty
Very funny Ty!!! thefinger_red_zpsxetetco2.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Looks like 75 degrees F in the forecast. Any interest in a scoot around the local twisties? David and Ty, maybe we can try a different route this time?

That is hilarious.  I just did this exact route today.  was a little different as we did 33 up to a place called The Place and had lunch than did Lockwood valley.

Made our way over to Malibu to do some late night cruising/canyon carving before heading home.  Was a great day of riding.

I dont have any plans for saturday so yea.  I think i am good for this ride.

• Premium Member
Meet up place (Starbucks on Balboa Blvd) added to first post and time, 9:00am.p3rry_zpsjpvxnqqr.gif
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
See you all tomorrow. p3rry_zpsjpvxnqqr.gif

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Six riders today. One FZ-07, three FJ-09s, one GSXR750, and one R6. Had a blast and promptly went home and took a nap. Sucks getting old! Very fun roads but a little slippery in places due to recent rains. Love my grip heaters. I let the R6 guy go for a spin on my F-Jay and forget to turn off the grip heaters. Since he was just going for a little spin, he left his gloves off. Not a great idea as his hands were burning when he came back. We all had a good laugh on that one. wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I let the R6 guy go for a spin on my F-Jay and forget to turn off the grip heaters. Since he was just going for a little spin, he left his gloves off. Not a great idea as his hands were burning when he came back. We all had a good laugh on that one. wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif
YES. THAT WAS HILARIOUS!

I let the R6 guy go for a spin on my F-Jay and forget to turn off the grip heaters. Since he was just going for a little spin, he left his gloves off. Not a great idea as his hands were burning when he came back. We all had a good laugh on that one. wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif
YES. THAT WAS HILARIOUS!
lol.gif 
Ty

• Premium Member
Just an observation today. In fifth gear, top indicated speed is 114mph. In sixth gear on the same long stretch of pavement (closed course naturally), I can squeeze out one more mile to 115mph indicated. Repeated this a few times to be sure. Just passing this along as others have stated either 114 or 115 mph indicated.

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Just an observation today. In fifth gear, top indicated speed is 114mph. In sixth gear on the same long stretch of pavement (closed course naturally), I can squeeze out one more mile to 115mph indicated. Repeated this a few times to be sure. Just passing this along as others have stated either 114 or 115 mph indicated.
on my private race track in the UK I saw 120mph on the clock today, then I changed up to 5th and it was still wanting to accelerate but I bottled out due to the looming bend 
bike has done 850 miles so for the first time I let it bounce off the rev limiter. This was in 3rd with an indicated 103mph

:> 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Noticed 114 in 4th also, stayed there into 5th. :-S  
The good news is I held it there for a 1/2 mile stretch, absolutely stable.

Ty

Archived