The 1st FJ-09 owner to post pics

Will get their bike featured on the front page of this website! Please, take some good pics, and then send me a PM after you post them.

To post pics, you must upload the pics to a free photo hosting site. Photobucket is easy. Then, copy the link that says "DIRECT LINK"

Then, just paste your links into a post like normal.

Thanks all for joining this forum, please spread the word about our forum!!

Not me, I'm trying to be patient and wait for a sale. I say that although I've already contacted all the Yamaha dealers around DC (including VA, MD, PA and WV) to see what some OTD prices will be. WV says $9550 OTD. DMV fees aren't in that number but that's still pretty good.

It's going to be hard being patient for this bike. Pretty excited to see some pics and read some reviews.

... WV says $9550 OTD. DMV fees aren't in that number but that's still pretty good. 
It's going to be hard being patient for this bike. Pretty excited to see some pics and read some reviews.

Are you saying $9550 includes the tax, but not title/registration?

If so, I'd say that's pretty good for this new bike. You might get it for less later, maybe, but I doubt it'd be much less. New I mean.

Hey all,

I picked up a silver 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 at Berkeley Yamaha last week and rode it down to Santa Cruz and Long Beach on Saturdayand Sunday ... getting the 600 mile service done today, and hope to ride on to Mama Espinoza's in Baja tomorrow ... loving the bike so far!

20141220-174753-64073302.jpg

Woo! Go puddles! 
So jealous of the Cali weather! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? At 5'5" myself I think I may need the low-seat option, but no one in Ohio has the bike in yet to sit on!
Hi winifredbarkle im about 5'8" and have the seat in the lowest position (you can change the rider seat to a high and low position) ; i can flat foot the bike for  most part... Glad it worked out for me- I have to admit, I hadn't even sat on the bike or seen one live in person until I went to buy it- Doah!

I can't wait to see one in person. I have calls in to about 5 local Yamaha dealers. My husband has a 2015 FZ-09 and the seat height is perfect for me. Even in the low position, the FJ is a bit taller. I've heard that the Yamaha low seat at the lower position makes it the same height as the FZ. But that's another $250 lol.

I think it'll probably Feb or March before I'll see one :(

Congrats! It's so good to hear good reviews after all the hype!

puddles, awesome! You make me feel like a poser. I got my bike a week before you, also from Berkeley Yamaha, and I just yesterday got through my first tank of gas. Not even 200 miles and nowhere close to Baja. You go!

Q: Is your right side hand guard lower than the left side hand guard? If so, is it by a lot? Like this?

Droopy_handguard_zps1ecf62eb.jpg

I love your bike's color! Looks great!

Archived