Post pictures of Yamaha rear rack

• Premium Member
I'm considering the Shad side case setup that another member showed in another thread. Nice case set, but I am concerned that the mounting brackets might interfere with the Yamaha rear rack mounting points if I decide to get one.
I'd appreciate it if someone would post a picture or two of their rack mounted on the bike with detail shots of the mounting points.
Thank you!

I will try to get a picture if someone else doesn't first, but I installed the rear rack on Sunday and I can tell you that it mounts on the same bolt holes as the passenger grab handle. It comes with longer bolts and spacers. It goes through the two on each side, as well as the existing two on the top back.

• Premium Member
I will try to get a picture if someone else doesn't first, but I installed the rear rack on Sunday and I can tell you that it mounts on the same bolt holes as the passenger grab handle. It comes with longer bolts and spacers. It goes through the two on each side, as well as the existing two on the top back.
The picture on the Yamaha web site indicates that it attaches with the same bolts that hold the attachment bar for the OEM side cases. Is this not the case? Pictures please. :-[

• Premium Member
Ah! Thank you!

As I thought. Hope the Shad side case mounts I ordered won't interfere with the Yamaha rear rack. They use the same fastener locations below the grab handles that the rear rack attaches to.

Archived