new owner to be

I just sold my Triumph Trophy SE. I am trying to downsize. I have done a test ride on the 900 GT and it seems to be a great fit. I can't believe with all of the electronics on this bike that they didn't include automatic turn signals. What I need to find is a better windshield for interstate speeds, a top box and a headlight modulator. Any suggestions would be welcome.

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, kilo3 said:

the headlight modulator might be tough with the LED and all.

To elaborate, the headlights aren't just bulbs but rather whole complex modules that are *ridiculously* expensive to replace if you mess them up.  

I'd *strongly* recommend leaving the headlights be :)

With that said, bigger windshields are a common upgrade and there's TONS of discussion here about pros and cons of various models.  I've always just used a Nelson Rigg tail bag, but it seems the Shad topboxes are quite popular, and the Kappa version is very economical.  

• 3 weeks later...

welcome to the forum @smckenzie.

As others have said above, there are lots of opinions and forum posts about windshields on here. It will come down to your height above the seat and your wallet. Happy reading.

I’ve never found it too challenging to either remember to cancel indicators or to look at the flashing green light on the instruments. I found the BMW self-cancelling system a pain as it would switch off when I didn’t want it to.

Some people have adjusted the high beam part of the headlight downwards, so that you can ride on full beam all the time and the bike doesn’t have the asymmetric look. That may work instead of a modulator. There has been some talk of electronics that allow LED modulation, but I’ve not seen posts of a working solution.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Welcome!

I have tried 7 screens on my GT. Finally settled on two "primary" screens.  22" Madstad is my go to screen for big miles. The VStream Sport/Touring screen works well for me during three seasons of the year while riding the twisties. I am 5'9", 29" inseam, 34" sleeve length and mid to long torso. Hope this helps you out a little.