• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Yet another frenchie

lapuree

Hi everyone,
Jeremie from Paris, almost 40 years old, looking to buy a FJ-09 (called MT09 Tracer in France).
I'm currently riding a Honda VFR 800 2014 (on sale by the way but it might be a bit far out for you), before that I owned a Triumph Street Triple (2009-2014, 70 000 kms) and a Kawasaki ER-6N.
I'm interested in the FJ-09 for 2 main reasons: 1) to go back to the 3 cylinder engine, loved it on my Triumph 2) for the body position, I frequently do 500 kms trips, I tried the FJ-09 and enjoyed the body position very much.

Cheers,
Jérémie

• Premium Member
I still can't choose between the red and they grey one
The red ones are faster. 
Hope that helps with the decision process....
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Bonjour Jeremie.

Welcome. Plenty of Europeans around here, mostly from the UK as it is an English forum. If you travel extensively then your brain will be picked by fellow travellers.

I will be in France in June, visiting the area around Beaune and Alsace. Two areas I know fairly well but I will be showing a few friends around. See here for more details if interested. 

I think the Tracer will sell very well in France for 2 reasons: firstly triples seem to be popular and secondly the format of the bike is not unlike the Fazer, TDM or Triumph RS Sprint which also sold well in France.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I still can't choose between the red and they grey one
The red ones are faster. 

What he means is the red ones are faster at getting speeding tickets but the grey ones are in stealth mode. Cops lazers cant bounce off the matte gray finish to give the a speed reading. Its funny when I ride by there speed traps as they are looking at the radar gun like something is wrong with it. Hahaha. Get the grey one.

• Premium Member
The red ones are faster. 
What he means is the red ones are faster at getting speeding tickets but the grey ones are in stealth mode. Cops lazers cant bounce off the matte gray finish to give the a speed reading. Its funny when I ride by there speed traps as they are looking at the radar gun like something is wrong with it. Hahaha. Get the grey one.
Gotta admit, the grey Daytona seemed pretty much immune to laser too; I recall one instance coming down a hill where the detector went off several times in succession and the cop kept looking at the device.  So maybe you've got something there :-). 
Seriously, I suspect that it's the lack of retroreflective surfaces on the front of the bike that really does it.  If I'm not wearing the 'stich with the giant reflector pocket then there's not so much for the laser to hit.  I think you have to be pretty darn close to them before it will register.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Archived