Ermax Touring Screen from a tall guys perspective

Guest bmidd

Guest bmidd
Just got home from a quick 250 mile jaunt to the Cherohala Skyway this morning and a nice new windshield was waiting on me, I took 5 minutes to throw it on and hit the highway for a quick ride.

It absolutely rocks. Gone is the bobble head wind buffeting that I experienced on every setting of the stock windscreen. There is no longer an air drumming sound, all you hear now is a slight wooshing noise as it cuts through the air. I will do more in depth research and reporting on the different levels after more prolonged riding, I started out in the highest setting because that's how I have been riding the stock screen. It is very clean all the way past 100, up over 100 you get some drumming sound. I pulled over and moved it to the lowest setting and this was the best for me, it puts the air flow around the top of my helmet where it should be and takes it off my neck and under my helmet where the stock shield hit in the upper position.

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, I urge you to do so. At full retail price($104) its a great bargain and with the gift card I won in the raffle, I feel like I stole it. Thanks again to FJ-09 forums and Motomachines for being a vendor and offering this windshield for sale.

Couple of pictures

Ermax%20Touring%20Clear%20B_zpsiu42xluo.jpg

Ermax%20Touring%20Clear%20A_zpse4etitrk.jpg

I just got the light smoke version. I'm 6'2", and the wind still hits me at the top of my helmet (better than at the bottom), but there is a much wider channel of clean air to rest in than with the stock screen. With an add on deflector or a bigger screen, I'm sure I could figure out a setup that made a perfect bubble of silence for me. That being said, this screen looks like it belongs on the bike, and it is a big improvement over stock. I'm very happy with it

• Premium Member
Here is the touring screen in light black. Very loud and head buffeting for my 6' height. Put the Cal Science back on. Will sell the brand new Ermax local if anybody is interested.

20150404_120002_zpshf4x1v0r.jpg

20150404_120024_zpsoagrjcsm.jpg

20150404_120015_zps1nf7jixy.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I'm a bit confused.  Both are referred to as "Ermax Touring Screen", but they look different (camera angle?).  bmidd's looks to have a very rounded top edge versus this looks much more squared off.  I doubt it's the tinting.  I'm just over 6' and the stock screen does not work for me.  The turbulence hits at the bottom of my helmet producing a very loud wind noise.

• Premium Member
Both are round, it is the camera angle. The Ermax is as loud or louder than the factory screen for me 6'. The Cal Sci windscreen works best for me so far, but is not the best looking IMO. Lower noise and almost no wind buffeting which is good. I have the medium height (all they were making at the time), so I think the tall would be perfect for a 6 footer, but not cheap either at $200.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived