Wheel Removal

Fairb

I usually buy Hondas but I bought a Tracer 900 GT (MTT850D) in March this year. Been pleased with it but got a rear wheel puncture today. Thought I would take the wheels off and give My local mobile tyre fitter a call. Unlike my Honda manuals the Tracer user manual doesn’t tell me how to remove the wheels. Tells me my dealer has to do it. Looked for a service manual but I see I now have to pay to use Yamaha’s  one that used to be free to look at. Anyone know where I can get hold of a MTT850D service manual at a reasonable price? Or just the instructions for wheel removal?

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, Fairb said:

I usually buy Hondas but I bought a Tracer 900 GT (MTT850D) in March this year. Been pleased with it but got a rear wheel puncture today. Thought I would take the wheels off and give My local mobile tyre fitter a call. Unlike my Honda manuals the Tracer user manual doesn’t tell me how to remove the wheels. Tells me my dealer has to do it. Looked for a service manual but I see I now have to pay to use Yamaha’s  one that used to be free to look at. Anyone know where I can get hold of a MTT850D service manual at a reasonable price? Or just the instructions for wheel removal?

Unless it is shaft drive or single sided swingarm most bikes like this (Honda included) all have a similar procedure to remove  the wheel, although the axle socket size might be different.

Remove ABS sensor

Remove 2 bolts and pull out brake caliper

Remove axle, lift the chain off the sprocket and pull out the wheel

Installation is the reverse

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, Fairb said:

Thanks for the reply. I have taken wheels off a number of different bikes but it’s nice to have have the manufacturer’s instructions complete with torque settings, etc.

Take some of the torque settings and recommendations in the owners manual with skepticism, axle, oil drain bolt, oil filter, chain slack etc.  

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***