Heed Crash Bars - Cost and Delivery Time to Canada

Tryster

FYI Fellow Hosers

Just received a pair of Heed full bunker crash bars for my 2020 Tracer 900GT.  Installed and extremely pleased.  If you're looking to buy a great looking and well made set of bars... AND without supporting China...these fit the bill.  Manufactured and shipped from Poland.

https://heed.com.pl/mt-09-tracer--tracer-900-gt

I ordered them August 29/20 and they arrived Sept 15 (Canada Post);  2-1/2 weeks.  Not bad mid-Covid!

They were INCREDIBLY well-packaged!!  Not sure how they could have been damaged short of the cargo plane crashing.

Cost will fluctuate based on CDN:EUR exchange rate.  Mine was approx. $300 (MCard statement not in yet) and I paid $20.61 to CBSA when I picked up the parcel [$4.44 GST, $6.22 PST(BC), $9.95 handling fee].  So about $325CDN all done and dusted!

Install was fairly smooth except for time spent looking for unprovided torque values on the bolts.  (33 lb.ft, btw for all bolts).  Planning to post the install with pics.

• Thumbsup 2

• 5 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 5:15 PM, Tryster said:

FYI Fellow Hosers

Just received a pair of Heed full bunker crash bars for my 2020 Tracer 900GT.  Installed and extremely pleased.  If you're looking to buy a great looking and well made set of bars... AND without supporting China...these fit the bill.  Manufactured and shipped from Poland.

https://heed.com.pl/mt-09-tracer--tracer-900-gt

I ordered them August 29/20 and they arrived Sept 15 (Canada Post);  2-1/2 weeks.  Not bad mid-Covid!

They were INCREDIBLY well-packaged!!  Not sure how they could have been damaged short of the cargo plane crashing.

Cost will fluctuate based on CDN:EUR exchange rate.  Mine was approx. $300 (MCard statement not in yet) and I paid $20.61 to CBSA when I picked up the parcel [$4.44 GST, $6.22 PST(BC), $9.95 handling fee].  So about $325CDN all done and dusted!

Install was fairly smooth except for time spent looking for unprovided torque values on the bolts.  (33 lb.ft, btw for all bolts).  Planning to post the install with pics.

Hi Can you confirm the indicator side cowling panels can still be easily removed with the bars in place?

Edited by commando

If you are referring to the badge panels, yes, looks like you’ll be able to get at the hardware and remove them easily without taking off the bars (on the full bunker crash bars)

9 hours ago, commando said:

Hi Can you confirm the indicator side cowling panels can still be easily removed with the bars in place?

I've got different crash bars (givi), but the side panels are really easy to remove without needing any significant space, you only need to pull them out less than an inch to pop a couple pokey bits out. 

• Thumbsup 1

I'm so impressed with these crash bars I ordered (but have not installed yet) Heed bunker crash bars for my 2015 Triumph Tiger as well.  I took installation pics for an instructional post for the Tracer but haven't got off my keester yet to post them.  Until then, feel free to post an installation question and I'll see if I can be of help.

Just looking at my install pics now, I will say this...  On the long(er) shaft threaded at each end provided by Heed I put RED LOCKTITE on the left side threads and BLUE LOCKTITE on the right hand threads.  This was so the right side nut would bust loose first and then the shaft could be slid out the left side.  However, I don't recall why that was important... it just was.

I noted on my pics that 2 washers got used on the left side of this shaft (under the nut, and between the crash bar and the bike) but the right side only used 1 washer (just under the nut)

I also have a pic of a nylon tipped hammer and a long, slender punch... so presumably those are needed... to punch the old shaft out and to tap the new long(er) shaft in without damaging the threads.

Sorry for the shaky recall.  I blame old age, whiskey, and weed during the 80's.  Oh, and my mother (says Freud)

13 hours ago, commando said:

I have them on my 2017 and couple of weeks ago I installed radiator guard. In order to do that I had to remove these side panels and can confirm that there is no issue doing it.

Thanks guys although I dont have confirmation for the 2018-2020 models I will also order the Heed bunkers and hopefully removing the side panels will not be an issue on that model as well. 

14 hours ago, commando said:

Unfortunately they seem to have removed Greece from their Europe supply chain :(

Hmmm 😕

Have you tried emailing Heed directly?  I mention this because there was a weird, separate, less obvious site from the main website for placing an order in to Canada.  Instead of buying in PL currency it was in euros.  Perhaps there is something similar for Greece??

Hi unfortunately I tried everything available the other one is crashbars.eu and even tried the polish ebay allegro as well

Being Canadian maybe you dont know but the Visegrad countries operate a bit different in Europe due to the fact also GLS has no presence in Greece so they excluded us.

I don't want to think there is another agreement behind that but the Greek market has noone selling those, only Givi and its funny because the best selling bike in Greece for the last 3 years in this category is Tracer 900.So big bucks for Givi 0 for Heed

And I sent them 2 mails already but no response yet.Only solution is to deliver to someone in the rest of Europe that in return can send it to me.

Edited by commando

It's not only Givi.  

Kappa is a reseller that sells unbranded Givi gear - same part numbers, even, though the first two letters are different.

The Kappa bars are like half the price of the Givi bars, are identical, and I have personal experience (as of just a couple days ago, see thread about kickstand strength!) that they work quite well. 

45 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

It's not only Givi.  

Kappa is a reseller that sells unbranded Givi gear - same part numbers, even, though the first two letters are different.

The Kappa bars are like half the price of the Givi bars, are identical, and I have personal experience (as of just a couple days ago, see thread about kickstand strength!) that they work quite well. 

Hi again not sure but in Greece the kappa bars are same almost price with Givi 163 eur and also not found in GR since it is same company.

Main reason I want Heed is the metal quality because I dont trust Italian manufacturers.

Edited by commando
  • Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, commando said:

Hi again not sure but in Greece the kappa bars are same almost price with Givi 163 eur and also not found in GR since it is same company.

Main reason I want Heed is the metal quality because I dont trust Italian manufacturers.

Final update.Heed replied to me

The link that can be used to shit to Greece is the below for Tracer 18-20

Yamaha_MT-09_Tracer_GT_11.jpg

Bunker crash bars for Yamaha MT-09 Tracer / Tracer 900 GT...

Total price is 171.5 Eur as GLS doesn't support Greece :(

If you use Alegro to ship to Central Europe it is about 130-136 Euro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ηeed bars arrived in Greece after 12 days(11 in Athens airport)
  • The quality is far better than Givi plus protection for the cowlings and radiator.The Indicator cowlings are easily detachable after the bar installation.
  • Follow the instructions and make sure you take the bottom rod slowly not in one go and slowly screw engine block bolts first then the bottom ones.
  • Check later for any slack from vibrations and heating.
  • The old washers should not be used I think as the rear bolt is barely flush with the aluminum of the engine as seen below.
  • Weight of bars is 4.9 kilograms.

164865678_10219798237166026_6915701345585865430_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=2V0vehyHMTQAX-NPzsZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fath5-1.fna&tp=7&oh=b6490babcd71a8f601fae0d31ee90a76&oe=60819DC2164792585_10219798237406032_8391246360866238930_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=xKA94MdLjA8AX_ZWweO&_nc_ht=scontent.fath5-1.fna&tp=7&oh=bd724c491b97576fbfb0fb992d1a3896&oe=6082E927

No photo description available.

Edited by commando
Old washers update.

Oopah! Glad you were able to obtain the Heed bars in Greece 👍🏼

As you mentioned, the quality is evident. The installation instructions...nada so much. I don’t think you can go wrong adding an extra flat washer or two, as long as you retain some threads beyond the nut for max strength - about 50% of the diameter of the bolt if I recall.

And, being a multicultural country, I’m happy to have had you post with us Canadians 🇨🇦