UK Recall has started

Got notice of the recall this morning

Transmission shift cam segment stopper has sharp edge and may crack or break.

Affected units must have shift shaft assembly replaces. Technical Bulletin will all necessary information to be released and affected owners notified by mail.

That's what I thought, the website hasn't been updated yet. It might be deliberate, if we all check and call our dealers en masse they might not be ready for the 'deluge'.

• Premium Member
Just out of interest magpie, what are the first 8 digits of your VIN (if it is not unwise to quote them here, not really my area)
just like the licence plate, anyone can see your VIN when you park in public so you aren't putting your property at risk by showing the VIN here
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
1. letter from Yamaha on my doormat when I got home an hour ago asking me to contact my dealer
2. VIN no is on Steve's list
3. VIN no. not showing as needing remedial work on the Yamaha website
4. Phoned dealer, who looked on the system and found the parts kit. Dealer will ring once the parts are in stock. My bike will be the 1st one done by the Cheltenham dealer.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Funny how it doesn't mention not to ride the motorcycle
They probably know we'd ignore the 'advice'  ::)

I'm away till next week, so won't know if I'll get the letter or not till then, if that list from the German article is right, I shouldn't be hearing from anybody.

Well, am outside range of German site ( my mate also sent me this!). If I get the letter then there will be a problem. Just booked my first service in and they can't fit me in for 4 weeks..ffs. My grips and panniers are not ready yet..ffs. My first yamaha for 32 years since my unrestricted r reg FS1E.
Come back Triumph, all is forgiven!!!

Archived