UK Recall has started

Got my letter when i got in last night, i,m a bit annoyed as only bought the bike 2 weeks ago and asked at the time if it was effected.
dealer probably didnt know but I will bet someone at Yam would have done!
If i had wanted recalls I would have bought a BMW!

• Premium Member
Got my letter when i got in last night, i,m a bit annoyed as only bought the bike 2 weeks ago and asked at the time if it was effected. dealer probably didnt know but I will bet someone at Yam would have done!
Well, at least you got your bike.  The recall hit the morning I was to go buy the bike and it's been sitting at the dealer's for a week and a half waiting for the part.  >:D 
They were expecting the part Thursday but as of yesterday it hadn't shown up.  I'm hopeful I'll be able to pick the bike up on Monday.  It's been pretty frustrating, although I suppose I will get a lot of stuff done this weekend that needs doing, rather than spending the time wrenching and riding.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Got my letter when i got in last night, i,m a bit annoyed as only bought the bike 2 weeks ago and asked at the time if it was effected. dealer probably didnt know but I will bet someone at Yam would have done!
Dont have it done then!!! 
    I aint heard anything yet, and just had my 600 mile service done, but I will be taking it in if it needs doing. Having brought a launch edition Triumph explorer in 2012, i am used to it going back once or twice!! Not just a BMW issue.but it is an annoyance.

So, ive checked my vin # on steves link and my bike is part of the recall, but on the yamaha link im not, so ive just rung yamaha at Woking and they confirmed my bike is due the work, blaming my dealer for not sending my paperwork to them promptly enough for the lack of a recall letter. Ive just rung Fowlers and the bike is all booked in for may 12th ( 1st date available sadly, but the bloke at yamaha has confirmed its fine to keep riding and was surprised at the (over)  reaction in the states/canada to the recall.)
pretty painless all in all, i guess it would of been more of a hassle if I was having to fit the trip to Bristol in between work, but as im currently 'between jobs' its fine  8-)

I am surprised at Yamaha for not updating their website, but have felt for a long time I.T. isn't one of their strong areas. The 'warranty' registration, in my case was done online part of the paperwork. The Datatag reg was part of it, this was acknowledged straight away, but took nearly 6 weeks for Yamaha to send me the Yamaha Assist/ RAC and Euro warranty cards. There must be a logical explanation, but not knowing what that could be it seems very haphazard :'(
I'm sure the "don't ride" mandate is due to the laws and liability being different in various parts of the world.

I am glad the posting has helped people check if their bikes are in the recall and be able to chase it up.

Archived