Where to find a PDF version of the FJ-09F(C) service manual

jimf

• Premium Member
I mentioned in a different thread that I had found a vendor selling a PDF version of the FJ09F (and FJ09FC) service manual:

http://www.manualall.com/index.php?id_product=27&controller=product

I'm always a little wary when I can't get something like that straight from the manufacturer, but given that my dealer hadn't bothered to order my paper copy yet and I'm going to want torque specifications for a bunch of stuff I'll be installing I decided to give it a shot. I could always complain to American Express if it was fraudulent, right?

I'm happy to report that the manual is legitimate, pure digital rather than a scan, and at EU76/US$83[span] [/span]I think a little cheaper than the paper copy is the US, too.

I had thought this might be a Euro-specific copy, given that the site prices in Euros, but it gives measurements in ft-lb as well as Nm and m-kg so I don't even have to do conversions.  And, of course, it has the California model information as well.

(No, I will not give out copies, sorry.  Even though I think Yamaha ought to provide this for free or much more cheaply, they don't and I'm sure it's watermarked and I'm averse to lawyers.  But at least you know where to get a copy if you want one.)

It wasn't completely clear how to download the manual after I bought it, but if you go to the "Orders" page you can click on the link for the manual and it will download.

I love having a digital copy of the manuals for my vehicles so that I can put it on my phone and/or tablet and have it with me even when traveling, and I just print out the pages I need if I'm doing work in my garage.  Win/win.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 3 weeks later...
My dealer was kind enough to put a digital copy on a USB stick for me for a reasonable fee. Will be reading a while...550 pages!

2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

I wonder how long it will be before this manual is leaked online somewhere?  I'm not advocating for that, and I know this forum shouldn't have anything to do with illegal copywrite sharing, but history suggests that before long, the .pdf that exists is going to be spread all over the internets.

• Premium Member
I wonder how long it will be before this manual is leaked online somewhere?  I'm not advocating for that, and I know this forum shouldn't have anything to do with illegal copywrite sharing, but history suggests that before long, the .pdf that exists is going to be spread all over the internets.
seems the dealer mentioned above has started the process of hooky downloads - actually it started a while back as someone found a hack for the Canadian website mentioned in another thread and I'm sure a few copies of the pdf escaped into the wild without any licences changing hands. Not that I'd be involved in anything like that of course. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived