Anybody from Canada order a Bagster seat?

NormR

I'm interested in finding out if there were any surprise costs involved such as duties or extra shipping charges? What was the time frame in shipping as well? Thx in advance

6 hours ago, NormR said:

I'm interested in finding out if there were any surprise costs involved such as duties or extra shipping charges? What was the time frame in shipping as well? Thx in advance

This will by no means answer your question as I'm in Oz - but be aware that non-EU buyers are exempt from the EU VAT (sales tax) which at around 19% (or more) currently gives a very good cost-saving that offsets at least some of the shipping and other costs.   

As a long-term BAGSTERER (I've had a few, on 2 x MT-09s and a 900 GT, and now a new one on my MT-09 SP) I can say that a BAGSTER seat is a vast improvement over stock on almost any bike, and well worth the dosh.   

Some EU dealers (motostorm.it, chromeburner, others) have various models of the BAGSTER range in-stock for more-or-less immediate shipping, but if you order one custom-made from BAGSTER it will obviously take a little longer - unless shipped via the Suez Canal! 

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

15 hours ago, NormR said:

I am in Quebec city. I ordered a Bagster Ready Luxe with Bultex from Silverstone (France) back in January 2020. At that time, the seat was 295€, there was a 10% new year discount (29€), then they added 53€ for oversea shipping, for a total of 320€. As wordsmith stated, no sales tax.

If my memory serves me right, I think I had ~60 CAD « surprise » when the delivery guy knocked on my door. Still well worth it, really like the seat.

As for the time frame, sorry I cannot help. I ordered it in January, all I remind is that I received it well in advance before the riding season, which began early April for me last year.

Edited by FrankQC
  • Thumbsup 1

I do.  From Ontario, this feb.   no extra fees for me but I got the pillion for the tracer and the pillion seat for a Kawasaki.  After a couple emails and a phone call they agreed it was a screw up and said they were out of stock so I should return for a refund.  Haven’t seen the money yet, hoping it shows up in next couple weeks.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Abler said:

I do.  From Ontario, this feb.   no extra fees for me but I got the pillion for the tracer and the pillion seat for a Kawasaki.  After a couple emails and a phone call they agreed it was a screw up and said they were out of stock so I should return for a refund.  Haven’t seen the money yet, hoping it shows up in next couple weeks.  

That sucks! keep us posted how it turns out. I'm thinking of going for it in the next month. Hopefully they will have stock by then....

• 1 month later...