Looking for risers, footpegs, and top box

Hello everybody,

Just bought a new 2018 Tracer 900 gt, and after the very first and short ride, already know that I am in need of a few mods.

Initially, I am thinking of the following:

1) a set of handlebar raisers that make the riding position more comfortable (am 6'1" and 225 lbs). Probably the highest ones that do not require any changing of the cables and lines.

2) bigger footpegs, and with some rubber on them so my feet don't slip.

3) A top box that is big enough to hold a full helmet and jacket, but still looks proportionally good on the bike and does not vibrate or rattle.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations on these items...

Thnxs,

Helibars have an excellent riser that gets you IIRC 1.5" up and either forwards or back, and just mount on top of the stock risers.  It's the max that you can (readily) manage without cabling changes.  And of course the stock risers rotate to either pull the bars back or push them forwards.

There's an inexpensive set of footpegs on Amazon that are rubber topped and somewhat larger, a pretty common option as they're quite inexpensive.  Usually found by searching for FJR footpegs (same mounting)

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I'm a big fan of the Givi v47n top box for my '15 FJ-09. I use it daily and it only comes off the bike when I'm going for a pure joy ride on backroads, holds my helmet and jacket no problem. I also installed Givi's optional brake light kit. It's alright, when it works it's great but I've noticed sometimes the power contacts between the lid and the bottom don't always make perfect contact so no lights.

If you're in the U.S.: If you don't mind waiting for a 8-14 days for it to arrive I highly recommend ordering it and the mounting hardware from an Italian vendor such as Motocard.com or Motostorm.it as it will be cheaper even after shipping than ordering it from a U.S seller. Motostorm frequently has luggage in their "outlet" section for rock bottom prices, I think I got my v47n for $184. Motostorm's customer service is also good, they shipped me a set of Givi luggage and I was missing one key and they sent it out in an envelope the next day after I contacted them.

Edited by jthayer09

12 hours ago, @ldo said:

Hello everybody,

Just bought a new 2018 Tracer 900 gt, and after the very first and short ride, already know that I am in need of a few mods.

Initially, I am thinking of the following:

1) a set of handlebar raisers that make the riding position more comfortable (am 6'1" and 225 lbs). Probably the highest ones that do not require any changing of the cables and lines.

2) bigger footpegs, and with some rubber on them so my feet don't slip.

3) A top box that is big enough to hold a full helmet and jacket, but still looks proportionally good on the bike and does not vibrate or rattle.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations on these items...

Thnxs,

1) Can't comment, I don't need risers

2) Get some FJR footpegs

3) Impossible, any box that big is going to look out of proportion with the bike (I use a Givi 46ltr and it looks pants but I can fit a helmet and jacket in it if I need to) a smaller box looks good but won't fit a jacket and helmet (I use a Givi Trekker Outback in these circumstances) 

IMG_7340.JPG

IMG_3154.JPG

Edited by bowlin01