New sato racing engine sliders

No I bought them from motostarz.ca. They are based in Richmond British Columbia. I was kind of choked it took them almost 4 weeks to get to me. They were backordered .but they didn't tell me that when I ordered them. But otherwise I'm pretty happy . I like the fact that there are three or four mounting points instead of just one. Because I've heard stories about people with sliders that are bolted in one spot that actually cracked the engine case when they fall over

• 2 weeks later...
Yes that's the intent. These are the clutch and engine protection versions. They also sell frame sliders that mount to the upper frame bolts. But I figure these are way more likely to help than the upper ones.

vango, they are my latest "I want/need these".  Did you have to replace any gaskets? I guess I'll find out - just ordered them from SATO.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

In the package from sato there is a note that basically says they are a racing slider designed for high speed slides. The Derlin has an extremely low friction coefficient . They suggest a tip over May cause them to shatter. They don't mention this on their website. Clever. Anyways. I'm sure this is typical of most all sliders. The benefit I see to these is the multiple points of attachment. I have heard horror stories about people having "one bolt" sliders attached to their bike and having it crack their engine cases on impact.

vango, saw that note in the bottom of my box, too.  They are on the bike. The only thing the kit doesn't come with is the 5mm and 6mm allen wrenches, silicone sealer for the engine bolts or loctite for the slider bolts.  Saw those in your post and made sure I had them on hand. In total, 15-20 minutes well spent on the cheapest insurance I can get for the lower cases.  I got mine direct from SATO online - no tax that way for US customers.

Once I wear out the tires and get something a little stickier I'll be a little happier.  A stickier rear tire might reduce the probability of seeing how well the sliders work.  Or, I could slow down. 

Then a steering damper and reflash will be the final frontier... 

Tomorrow I'll do a night ride to set up the lights so I don't out-ride them. :D
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Archived