Installed Nitron NTR1 shock ( w/ remote HPA )

I finally got the new Nitron NTR1 shock ( w/ remote HPA ) installed. It has a 700lb spring on it. I did not like the way the mounting bracket from Nitron positioned the HPA. I wanted it to look factory so we took the grinder to the welded nuts on back of the factory HPA mounting  bracket. Then marked hole spacing for the Nitron HPA on the factory bracket and properly drilled. I had to purchase some longer 6mm bolts too. It turned out pretty good and looks just like the factory HPA mount location. A bit easier to get to IMHO.  I have not ridden it yet as it has been raining and storming here almost everyday for the last week. 

2nd Installa.jpg

2nd Installb.jpg

Edited by TracerFZWR
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

Good job on the refit, looks stock. Let us know the results after you get some miles on it when the weather allows. I'm interested in those shocks, mind sharing info on price and where you got it?

14 hours ago, jerryd said:

Good job on the refit, looks stock. Let us know the results after you get some miles on it when the weather allows. I'm interested in those shocks, mind sharing info on price and where you got it?

Thanks Jerry.... I will post up after I get some miles on it and do a little more dialing in. The very little bit I have ridden it since the install it  certainly is a bit stiffer than the stock spring. 😉

• 3 months later...

I have the R1 with preload adjuster, you wont be disappointed, its a massive improvement over the standard shock.

I did notice how bad the forks were after fitting it, so had them resprung and revalved, bikes perfect now.

• Like 1