20 day review.

Same here on the 9GT mirrors.  I like 'em.  It took me awhile to get them adjusted correctly, but then that's always the case with mirrors.  I wouldn't say they're the very best mirrors I've ever seen on a bike, but they're mighty fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the fuel gauge, I tried this remedy:

1. Ignore the fuel gauge
  2. Set Trip A up on line 1, display it all the time
  3. Reset Trip A at each fill up
  4. Cypher MPG
  5. Anticipate fuel quantity with a glance to Trip A

So-o-o-o much better than the pretty gauge

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

As for the stock mirrors, they're not so great for the killer whale riders. We get a great shot of our massive shoulders, which is nice, but not what we need. I installed the Bike Masters base extenders, but I really miss seeing my shoulders.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vlink12c said:

Regarding the fuel gauge, I tried this remedy:

1. Ignore the fuel gauge
  2. Set Trip A up on line 1, display it all the time
  3. Reset Trip A at each fill up
  4. Cypher MPG
  5. Anticipate fuel quantity with a glance to Trip A

So-o-o-o much better than the pretty gauge

Curious why not "fuel consumption" on the secondary screen? I find myself filling up after ~3 gallons used but am tempted to push it towards the 5 gallon mark this next ride. Not sure how this counter operates but you have me wondering...

Yes, I think I do have that on another page also. I am pretty sure Yamaha contracted the whole TFT UI to Cyber Ninjas, it's such a pile of poo. I am curious how the remaining fuel is calculated and I wouldn't be surprised if it uses the fuel quantity sensors in part. I'll stick with my abacus. It's the only way to know for sure, assuming they didn't honk up the odometer too.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:03 AM, GeeAndTea said:

that anything over 60% tips the float to full height

Ergo, when the computer detects the first drop of the float, it knows precisely how much is left in the tank - 60%

As I understand it, fuel flow meters are generally pretty accurate, so once a tank drops to 60%, the computer should be able to accurately measure the flow, and thus fuel remaining.

Of course, by necessity DTE is nothing more than an estimate, but "Quantity To Empty" should/could be reasonably accurate.