Just picked up my 2019 900 GT

• Premium Member
On 8/8/2021 at 11:51 AM, The Pilot said:

It’s not just about volume with this bike, the stock exhaust really takes away from the nice even triple firing pulses and honestly sounds horrible. The Akrapovic exhaust with the DB killer installed is marginally louder than stock, but the tone of the exhaust is exponentially better.

Some people are happy with cheap Walmart speakers for their entertainment center, others can appreciate what a big difference there is with quality audio components like Klipsch or KEF.

Different strokes for different folks.

Not even close to the same thing.  And I have had my 901 Bose speakers for about 25 years now.  

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, T P S said:

I checked and do they not carry for my bike.  Unless I did something wrong, no scorpion.

Mmmmm.  There website said that they were Scorpion dealers. Maybe they aren't any more. That's a bit of a bummer.👎

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, T P S said:

@fjray oooof... last best thing bose made for home speakers. LOL

I have nothing else to say except don't make your bikes louder.  Stealth is so much sexier. 

• Thumbsup 3

I've got a 2109 900 GT myself.  Dare I say the best year ever?  No immediate thoughts on exhaust.  Im not a loud pipes guy but Ive been riding my wifes Triumph Bonneville T120 all week as my Tracer has a flat.  I gotta say -- having some loud pipes is growing on me.  For windscreen, I went for an MRA Vario Tour.  I'm not tall, but the stock windscreen was terrible for me.   The wheel should have been on the other side -- or maybe even ambi.  Ive gone on cruise control just so I could set the heated grips properly while riding.   All that said, great choice.  Enjoy and hang on to it.  I also put on some SW motortech crash bars and some extra aux led lights as i find the low beam insufficient for winter riding.

@BurleyWinter riding in BC and winter riding in southern Ontario are 2 completely worlds. HAHA I wish our winters were like yours.  

Thank you all for the tips on the windscreen.  I will definitely be getting one and will try a few out first (Thank you Amazon Prime for free returns) and then buy local.

@Garz747 you're from Barrie.... nobody wants to know you're coming! hahahaha kidding... I swear.  As for the exhaust, I am stuck with a few options.  I know I'm not spending the money on the Akra.  I had one on my previous bikes and loved it, but it also was half the price of what it is now.  $1700+tax (Ontario tax is 13% for y'all that don't know) is a lot for that now.  For me, I'm going to have to give a listen to the Hindle (hopefully it's not tinny) and the Yoshi.  Since the scorpion is not available for some reason here, I don't really have other options.  I spoke to a friend who said the LeoVince sounds like a dirt bike coming down the road, I have elimated that.

As for the horawful massive turn signals, anyone know any good flush mounts for the front?  As for the back, I will be making my own custom bracket for the plate and the lights.  I made one previously and got asked where I bought it. ahha  I will send pics of when it's all done.

But seriously.... Thank you everyone for your help on this.  I keep my bikes for around 10 years before jumping to another one so I will definitely be having some fun with this big girl.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member

The Scorpion half system that I have cost £329. That is $570 CAN. I assume the Yoshi will be more expensive. Is it easily available in Canada ?

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90