Mirror mounting post cover - 2015 FJ-09

kroc

Hi, somehow I managed to lose one of the small circular covers that sit in top of the mirror mounting posts on the left side of my 2015 FJ-09.

Is this something that is available separately or does one need to order a whole new mirror assembly. Also are there any alternatives that one might consider? 

I have attached pics showing the missing circular cover on the clutch handle side of the bike as well as a pic of the throttle handle side with the cover still present.

Thanks!

Kelly

6430116D-FE36-442A-926F-57428B22A375.jpeg

6DDBCC4B-99BE-460F-9B2E-D4153C08A338.jpeg

• Premium Member

Did you check the parts fish to see if it's available

if it isn't maybe maybe buy a used mirror online

I've never had a problem with mine popping out but I'll keep an eye out now

maybe some body side molding adhesive would be a good idea to prevent it from happening again

• Supporting Member

So it's not just me!  I lost one, too...no idea where or how.

I actually replaced both mirrors with aftermarket mirrors (can't tell the difference from stock) and for some reason the covers don't fit right - the bolt inside sticks up juuuust enough that the cover won't snap into place.  Arg - first world problems?

At worst a drop of black silicone or something should do the trick.  Just anything that's easy to remove.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount