New FJ in Vancouver WA 122314

redfjniner

Just picked up my new FJ on Wed.  Took my first ride on Thurs.  I am impressed.  I already have a for sale FZ-09 w/5600 miles.  The throttle is awesome on the FJ compared to what the 2014 FZ came with.  It can be fixed.  The little freeway ride I took was nice.  The shocks do a good job.  The throttle is as good as I have experienced, equal to both the 14 FJR and the 14 Super Tenere.  I currently have a 05 FJR 1300, my second and over 200K on the two.  I am looking for a light weight touring machine.  I hope this will replace the FJR in two years.  based on my experience with the FZ, this is going to be a great bike for me.  The picture above has a 14 FJR1300 saddle bag on it, notice the towel to help keep it in place.  These bags are an option to the city bags suggested by  Yamaha to be installed on this bike.  I will be painting an extra set of these bags to use on my FJ.  I am also working on a rear rack that will replace the passenger handles, therefore mounting slightly forward of the suggested rack that Yamaha sells.  It will also eliminate the passenger position, but allow a duffle roll to be placed behind the rider.  I am so excited about this platform. 
RedFJ-09_zps9813f5bf.jpgHaving trouble getting picture to show:  http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/escapefjrtist/RedFJ-09_zps9813f5bf.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived