Alps : 30 July - 6 August 2015

steve

I'm doing a short trip to the Alps, meeting up with a friend in Germany and seeing what we can do in the few days we have.

Was thinking we could meet up at the north western edge of the Black Forest and then go south from there into Switzerland, Northern Italy, Slovenia (if time allows) and then back through Austria and maybe take in a bit of the Bavarian Forest as well.
I'll be meeting my friend somewhere between Karlsruhe and Pforzheim, if anyone in the UK is interested we can arrange a meetup in Blighty or in France. If anyone in Europe is interested we can arrange somewhere to meet-up. Possibly there will be some German Tracers and MT-09's as well.

Of interest to anyone?

• Premium Member
I'm doing a short trip to the Alps, meeting up with a friend in Germany and seeing what we can do in the few days we have. 

Was thinking we could meet up at the north western edge of the Black Forest and then go south from there into Switzerland, Northern Italy, Slovenia (if time allows) and then back through Austria and maybe take in a bit of the Bavarian Forest as well.
I'll be meeting my friend somewhere between Karlsruhe and Pforzheim, if anyone in the UK is interested we can arrange a meetup in Blighty or in France. If anyone in Europe is interested we can arrange somewhere to meet-up. Possibly there will be some German Tracers and MT-09's as well.

Of interest to anyone?

I need more months in summer!!!! Sounds nice Steve...

• Premium Member
Let me know if you find them Johan and if you'd like to join us. I'll be traveling 2 up.
Really tempting, but I've booked a vacation to the south of France with the children the next week, just won't be able to fit it in. I wonder how much EasyJet would charge to check in a Tracer, or if it would be free if I carried it on. It is relatively light after all...

• Premium Member
Quite a trip for 7 days which I would normally lap up.

I need to find how my post-viral body stands up to a less ambitious trip to France in June. If that goes well then I might seek to join you. If my current stamina is anything to go by, I think Alsace, the other side of the Rhine to the Black Forest, will be my limit for this year. For that trip I have scheduled 4 whole days where I don't need to ride the bike very far as we are using 2 base hotels, for 3 nights each.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived