Yamaha City Tank Bag and Tank Clamp

Got the Yamaha City Tank bag and the Clamp to fit to the tank.

All good stuff it seems...  The tank clamp comes in 3 parts you have to screw together...  Some of the holes didn't exactly line up, but a little "persuading" made everything fit as it should.

It fits to the tank via 3 screws on the petrol cap and 2 screws on the plastic surround on the tank at the front.  Comes with all new screws and spacers to fit.

The position of the bag on the tank is adjustable so you can move it backwards and forwards before setting it's position.  As this is the City Tankbag and therefore the smallest it's very manoeuvrable.  I believe the sport and the touring bag fit on the same clamp.

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2874.jpg

80d0d59f-b56b-49b0-be29-4532e6d36c29.jpg

Looks good.

IMG_2872_1.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

d1767a2e-2472-49a2-85d4-96da918efb55.jpg

BTW, I haven't scratched my bike all over the place... My camera had something on the lense!!

I'll grab a couple for you tomorrow mate... Not much to show though. Small mesh pockets round the side, and a square lump where the clamp holder sits in the bottom. Oh, and the zip for the clear top section. :)

Pictures as promised.  

Inside the tankbag

IMG_2878.jpg

The side mesh pockets

IMG_2879.jpg

Everything that came with it...  Strap to turn it into a shoulder bag (Looks a lot like a handbag, so won't be using that!!), a water proof cover and weirdly a Yamaha bag that it all came in.

IMG_2880.jpg

Pictures as promised.   
Inside the tankbag

IMG_2878.jpg

The side mesh pockets

IMG_2879.jpg

Everything that came with it...  Strap to turn it into a shoulder bag (Looks a lot like a handbag, so won't be using that!!), a water proof cover and weirdly a Yamaha bag that it all came in.

IMG_2880.jpg

Looks like a good amount of space. Thanks for the pics.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if people are aware of this, but this Yamaha labeled tank bag is the same as a Bags Connection City model.  Can't say about the mounting ring, but the bag would be available from Twisted Throttle.  You could check with them about cost compared to the Yamaha labeled one.  Here's a pic of my Roadster with the bag mounted:

BIllMayer_04-L.jpg

Don't know if people are aware of this, but this Yamaha labeled tank bag is the same as a Bags Connection City model.  Can't say about the mounting ring, but the bag would be available from Twisted Throttle.  You could check with them about cost compared to the Yamaha labeled one. 
Interestingly, the Yamaha branded version is about $10 cheaper... 

• 3 weeks later...
Korben, is your bag mounted as far forward as possible on the clamp? I like to give myself as much room as possible to move around while cornering and in your photos the bag looks too far back for me.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Archived