ABS light comes on while riding

• Supporting Member

I wonder if your front & rear tire wear is out enough that the two sensors for ABS just can't calibrate correctly.  If you've one brand new tire with lots of rubber, and another that's significantly worn (or wrong size sidewall or something extreme), that could do it.

ABS sensors are magnetic, and also quite sensitive.  Knocking them around during a tire change can result in sensor failure.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On 12/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, Mattf said:

On my last few rides the ABS light will come on after a while. If I stop and restart the bike it goes away for awhile then comes on again after some time. Both tires have the correct air pressure. When the light is on the ABS doesn't work. Any suggestions?

If you had the front sensor off recently check that the spacer is away from the ring. Assembly sequence makes a difference. Get it wrong and the sensor will be too far from the ring, causing the light to appear.

• Thumbsup 1