Done... new Niken GT owner!

prmurat

I am so weak... a 20 minutes ride on a used Niken GT(3900 miles) and I bought it!

I only rode an handful of bikes for the last 10 years, riding/driving mainly a Spyder and some sidecars and I am surprised by the lightness of the Yamaha: despite the extra weight on the front the bike is well balanced and apart of almost putting my foot on the ground when stopping I had no difficulties at all. Front brakes have to be the most powerful I ever tried!!!! Even with my arm problem and only 2 fingers on the brake lever I scarred myself  with the stopping power!

Mirrors are not that practical.

No self cancelling blinkers???

Guess I have to get used to the speed shifting.... or maybe it has been deactivated on mine?

Bike seems to be comfy even if the windshield creates a little buffeting over 85mph.

3 cylinders are definitively my favorites engines!

Can't wait for longer rides!!!

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wahoo congratulations on your new bike!  Welcome and now you know you are not supposed to be exceeding the speed limit 🙂  

I'm surprised that the Nikon has not been more popular.  I keep hearing favorable things about them.  As an "old" guy I like the security of two front wheels.  It's nice to read comments from folks who actually have one.  The CP3 is a wonderful motor.  Its number 2 on my list of favorites.  LOL the only reason is my favorite was the 636 in my ZX6R.  It has a fantastic top end and when uncorked in the bike it was a hoot - but not for long as it would be exceeding the speed limit very quickly 🙂  On my long trips the CP3 will puddle along going thru a small town, accelerate nicely without being wound up and when I get to the mountains it is ready to play with power and character as the revs go up.

A few years ago I rode a yamaha xt660, but because of my wife fears :) I sold a motorcycle ... After 15th years, as soon as I saw this wonder, I told her, it is my dream come true.  She said: ok buy it.  It was a shock, so without a test drive, I took it, Niken without any hesitation or reflection.  I bought this Yamaha directly from a dealer (“vintage”- 2018) without mileage, new motorcycle.  The day after it was delivered by Liberty Motors, I drove it for the first time and… a delightful experience.  A  little frost, a little snow and the bike runs like a dream.  My dreams of returning to the road without limits came true. It will be the good year :). 

ps. Givi windscreen and heated grips added by Yama dealer. Givi top case installed. Givi crash bars for tracer 900 will be installed.

Edited by lpawelek
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Very cool, congrats and welcome to the 3-cyl club

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Welcome to the exclusive club. 

Great bike, love mine and have/had loads of Yamahas.  I fitted standard MT09 mirrors using the existing threaded screw on the left and replacing the brake master cylinder on the right (with the screw version from the MT09).

Ride quality is better than any 2 wheeler.