First impressions of the Tracer 9

I'll try to condense this as much as i can, i just gotta share how i feel haha!

Just did my first ride today on my new T9 (GT spec except the suspension basically).
   Short backstory, i just turned 24 and have been on bikes for 6 years now. My background consists of quite a pretty classic modern bikes, CB650F, GSX-S1000, VFR 800/1200 and now the Tracer 9. I'v done roughly 110.000 kilometers on two wheels which i think equates to something like 60.000miles? 

Today was 5-7 degrees celcius, and i was somehow totally comfortable. Wind protection with the stock screen was really good in terms of keeping me warm and comfy, i somehow liked the stock seat at least for the couple of hours i spent on it. 
 The windscreen issues many describe were totally present, but did not bother me very much. Part of it may be the way i sit on the bike, very forward with my upper body, so the windblast i did get was still relativly slow moving.  
OMG the engine, it is seriously good, i stille struggle to comprehend how much i enjoy it.
 Smooth and predictable everywhere in the powerband. Down low it feels potent and easy to manage, but take it above 5-6k RPM and it really comes alive with an EPIC induction noise as it surges towards the top of the RPM range. The level of power on tap is in my opinion extremely respectable for street use. 
Too early to really talk about how it handles etc. Felt light, nimble and playfull. Brakes were OK, still bedding in. 
 Really really stoked about the bike, the quickshifter and cruise control are GREAT, cant wait to take the T9 on many adventures! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

Welcome, friend!!

I think you speak for us all with that exuberance for the engine :)

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

2 hours ago, Sunde said:

I'll try to condense this as much as i can, i just gotta share how i feel haha!

Just did my first ride today on my new T9 (GT spec except the suspension basically).
   Short backstory, i just turned 24 and have been on bikes for 6 years now. My background consists of quite a pretty classic modern bikes, CB650F, GSX-S1000, VFR 800/1200 and now the Tracer 9. I'v done roughly 110.000 kilometers on two wheels which i think equates to something like 60.000miles? 

Today was 5-7 degrees celcius, and i was somehow totally comfortable. Wind protection with the stock screen was really good in terms of keeping me warm and comfy, i somehow liked the stock seat at least for the couple of hours i spent on it. 
 The windscreen issues many describe were totally present, but did not bother me very much. Part of it may be the way i sit on the bike, very forward with my upper body, so the windblast i did get was still relativly slow moving.  
OMG the engine, it is seriously good, i stille struggle to comprehend how much i enjoy it.
 Smooth and predictable everywhere in the powerband. Down low it feels potent and easy to manage, but take it above 5-6k RPM and it really comes alive with an EPIC induction noise as it surges towards the top of the RPM range. The level of power on tap is in my opinion extremely respectable for street use. 
Too early to really talk about how it handles etc. Felt light, nimble and playfull. Brakes were OK, still bedding in. 
 Really really stoked about the bike, the quickshifter and cruise control are GREAT, cant wait to take the T9 on many adventures! 

A good picture of it would be nice. Happy for you. Ride on.