The Gronk has gone.....at a price!

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, peteinpa said:

For the clutch basket holding tool I've seen EBC has one that looks like a clutch plate with a long handle.  Haven't priced it but thought one could be easily welded from an old friction and clutch plate with a handle also welded on. 

This grips all the slots instead of just 2 like the vice grip style.

I welded up one for my RD 400 like that but recently bought the EBC tool for both my FJ and my VTR; a lot easier and faster on Amazon

• 5 months later...
  • Supporting Member

hey all, I'm about to order clutch parts.  Last ride it was feeling weird after some stop and go traffic so I figure it's time for some attention and just as well to upgrade.

Based on what I've read on this thread and others, I'll get the Partshark conversion kit and the basket for sure.  I'm also debating getting the plate kit.  There'll be a few extra parts if I get the plate kit but, if there's any chance of my existing plates being damaged or worn, I'd just as soon have all the parts on hand when I open it up.  Any thoughts on that plan before I press the button?

image.thumb.png.9d8b356220202a678d9a60d6fdedde20.png

“Feeling weird after some stop and go traffic” is a bit vague.  Have you replaced your clutch cable? You may want to at least disconnect it at both ends so you can move it back and forth and inspect for fraying at both ends before you order parts. 
or just replace it. 

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, skipperT said:

“Feeling weird after some stop and go traffic” is a bit vague.  Have you replaced your clutch cable? You may want to at least disconnect it at both ends so you can move it back and forth and inspect for fraying at both ends before you order parts. 
or just replace it. 

-Skip

haha yes it's pretty vague for sure but it was only a few times it happened and I didn't get chance to really register what was happening.  Just felt like it was slipping and vibrating and I heard a few unusual knocks but felt ok again a couple hours later.  Anyway I ordered the part shark kit and basket so I can get the upgrade done over winter.

Thanks for the input guys.

• Thumbsup 1