Rust and corrosion the bike is 2 years old and always in garaged after a ride

Hi Matthew, Coming from malta your bike is never far from the sea, could it be salt water corrosion that's causing the problem. My bike is 5 years old and apart from a mild steel bracket I made and fitted without treating the holes i drilled It isn't showing any corrosion issues. I have treated everywhere on the bike several times with ACF 50 maybe something you should try too.

Shouldn't be because of salty water/sea. The bike only goes out on sunny beautiful days. Always cleaned and garaged. I have . I have the acf 50 which I apply on bolts and clips. But not sure if makes any damages to host pipes. Where do you apply the acf 50 ? 

11 hours ago, Matthew said:

Where do you apply the acf 50 ?

Just about everywhere except the brakes, seats screen or handlebar/dash. Usually applied before I put it off the road for the winter and after a really really good clean. There are a couple of good U-tube videos showing the application process 

My bike is 2 years old and has been thru lots of rain and dirt and bugs and stuff including gravel with gravel dust that was wet down and got all over the bike.  I cleaned it up but probably not as well as you did.  It is garage kept but have no issues with rust.  I did have a problem with the front brake calipers.  the lower caliper mounting bolts corroded, not sure why as the upper ones didn't.  Cleaned them up and reused and when I pulled them out in August to change the tire they were corroded.  I had on hand a set of titanium bolts so they went in.  I think it was a case of faulty bolts or the outer surface being faulty rather than anything else.  I use Honda thread locker and it seems to look a bit like corrosion when the bolt is removed but think it is just the way it looks and is not corrosion.

Mines seen several canadian winters and been ridden through literal brine daily, kept out on the street about half the time where it gets rained and snowed on.

The bike is totally fine, with the exception of the headers which are, frankly, pretty much done.  They're still in one piece, but I'm afraid to try to polish them as that may change things.  Fortunately, a Black Widow full system can be had pretty cheap, so... Eh.  Exhausts are consumables.

But all the aluminum, painted and treated surfaces, and plastics are just fine and clean up good as new.