ASV F3 Levers for 2021 Tracer 9 GT

I installed the ASV F3 series Clutch and Brake levers on my 2021 Tracer 9 GT today.  I changed the levers so I could have more adjustability on the clutch lever plus the gold color looks pretty cool.

The levers themselves fit perfectly.  When it came time to reinstall the bottom bracket for the hand guards on the clutch side things went wrong.  Even though the website indicated that the levers would fit, there was no way the bottom bracket would clear the housing on the new lever.  My solution was to take the bracket to a metal fab shop to grind away almost all the metal on the part.  It ended up fitting perfectly afterwards.

These are very nice levers and were worth the hassle IMHO.  I was wondering if anyone else has installed them and if so what do you think of them?  I will be adding a few pictures.

ASV LEVERS.jpg

ASV Clutch Lever.jpg

ASV Brake Lever.jpg

Modified Bottom Hand Guard Bracket.jpg

Modified Bottom Hand Guard Bracket 2.jpg

Edited by BVEBRAD
  • Thumbsup 2
Brad
Selbyville, DE

These look great, definitely agree the gold color makes it pop and matching the forks!

So only the clutch lever needed grinding, right? No modifications needed on the brake lever? 

Also I'm curious if you reached out to ASV on this? I know it was easy to just grind the extra material down but it could be a manufacturing defect so might be worth pinging them.

Will add this to my spring farkle list anyways! Thanks for sharing!

• Supporting Member
20 hours ago, BVEBRAD said:

Even though the website indicated that the levers would fit, there was no way the bottom bracket would clear the housing on the new lever.  My solution was to take the bracket to a metal fab shop to grind away almost all the metal on the part.

Glad you got it fixed.  Not criticizing but just a suggestion, get yourself a Dremel tool, its amazing what you can do with grinding, cutting, shaping etc. you are limited only by your imagination.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

16 hours ago, robzilla said:

These look great, definitely agree the gold color makes it pop and matching the forks!

So only the clutch lever needed grinding, right? No modifications needed on the brake lever? 

Also I'm curious if you reached out to ASV on this? I know it was easy to just grind the extra material down but it could be a manufacturing defect so might be worth pinging them.

Will add this to my spring farkle list anyways! Thanks for sharing!

Hey Robzilla, yes only the bracket for the clutch lever needed grinded down.  Hopefully the picture made it clear what to remove.  It cost me $10 for them to do.

I did reach out to ASV.  I spoke to one of their support techs who stated they would update their Fitment chart.  I was hoping for a better response but hey........

• Thumbsup 1
Brad
Selbyville, DE

14 hours ago, betoney said:

Glad you got it fixed.  Not criticizing but just a suggestion, get yourself a Dremel tool, its amazing what you can do with grinding, cutting, shaping etc. you are limited only by your imagination.

Hey Betoney, I do have a Dremel and Iove it.  What I didn't have was a vice so I went lazy and let the shop grind it.  It definitely saved me a bunch of time.  It took them about 2 minutes.

• Thumbsup 1
Brad
Selbyville, DE