Looking for side cases

Tim16

Looks good ... the racks on their own look very unobtrusive.  I had GIVI racks on my old V-Strom and they were considerably heavier tubing.  Much more noticeable when the hard cases weren't on.

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• 1 month later...

Hi, all.

Pleased to share the SHAD E48 bags are nicely stable on the bike. To deal with rain, I’m using dry bags. I’ve read that external rain covers can end up holding more water than they shield. Has anyone ever heard of treating soft bags with a waterproofing spray as an alternative? 

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

Hi, all.

Pleased to share the SHAD E48 bags are nicely stable on the bike. To deal with rain, I’m using dry bags. I’ve read that external rain covers can end up holding more water than they shield. Has anyone ever heard of treating soft bags with a waterproofing spray as an alternative? 

I used to own soft bags, bottom line- they suck in rain, usable in dry weather only.  I've sprayed "waterproof" coating but at best its good for a brief light mist, anything heavier and you will spend the evening at your destination washing and drying your soaked clothing. 

If you use side bags more than once a year, do yourself a favor and buy something waterproof - hard bags.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***