Richa Summer pants review

• Supporting Member

Wanted to document a review of summer pants by Richa.  Needed a pair of cooler (temp wise) wearing pants and jacket and picked these up on sale. 

Initial thoughts- XL sizing for 6' tall 190 pounds male is perfect, but the D30 knee pads seem too low. 

I flipped the pants inside out to see if the knee pads were removable for washing and noticed that they have individual hook and loop fasteners to adjust knee pad height in the legs is only in the knee pads. The hip pads are not D30 but some kind of  thin foam that does not appear to be removable. 

Good hip adjustability via hook and loop fasteners as well as ability to expand leg  cuffs to accommodate riding boots. There are also attachment points on the front via loop strap and a zipper edge along the rear to secure against the jacket equivalent of these pants. 

Now that I've confirmed fit is OK I'm going to Scotchgard the outside with water repellent before use.  Once that sits in then I'll take the pants out for a shakedown ride and to see at what temperatures / speeds are the pants too cold for me and whether the additional breathability really becomes a major issue when I get caught in the rain.  

IMG_4995.jpeg

IMG_4996.jpeg

IMG_4997.jpeg

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4991.jpeg

IMG_4992.jpeg

IMG_4990.jpeg

IMG_4989.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpeg

IMG_4987.jpeg

IMG_4986.jpeg

Edited by maximNikenGT
Corrected D30
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

Took these pants out for a spin the other night and they felt great in 80 degree weather. Only thing is after about 30 minutes of riding the hook and loop fasteners on the both sides of my waist started to chafe against the skin. Easy enough to fix by tucking in your undershirt or just positioning the fasteners such that the hook portion doesn't make contact with your  skin while seated. 

Edited by maximNikenGT
Corrected details

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."