• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Yamaha 20l quick release tank bag made by SW Motech with tank mounting ring.

Rick123

It’s expandable. VGC. Asking $170 OBO. Retail over $350 plus tank ring and tax. I have 2 and 1 have to go.

CFEE0930-4294-4E99-A2D4-CE6FA8A8E679.jpeg

1C6AAEAB-C6BE-4E15-A277-BDBD3A537D07.jpeg

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Rick123 changed the title to Yamaha 20l quick release tank bag made by SW Motech with tank mounting ring.

Where were you two weeks ago LOL.  I just put a SW Motech Pro Trial tank bag on my 2020 Tracer 900 GT - $358.90 delivered!  It is very similar but does not have the map pocket on top like the Yamaha one does. I am going to get one but it's $50 so total cost is over $400.

The SW Motech bag replaced a GIVI Tanklock bag.  The Tanklock bag has done well with one big issue - the main zipper came unstitched.  The teeth are basically a long plastic coil that is stitched to a cloth strip.  The "teeth" came unstitched.  Last trip I stopped in a JoAnne's Fabric store in Helena MT and bought thread and needles an sewed it back together.  Wasn't smooth but mostly worked - it was a few more days of riding to get back to Alabama.  Other than the zipper the bag held up well but only had it two years.  I do long trips and the tank bag gets opened a lot but still disappointed.  This time I decided to try SW Motech.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, PhotoAl said:

Where were you two weeks ago LOL.  I just put a SW Motech Pro Trial tank bag on my 2020 Tracer 900 GT - $358.90 delivered!  It is very similar but does not have the map pocket on top like the Yamaha one does. I am going to get one but it's $50 so total cost is over $400.

The SW Motech bag replaced a GIVI Tanklock bag.  The Tanklock bag has done well with one big issue - the main zipper came unstitched.  The teeth are basically a long plastic coil that is stitched to a cloth strip.  The "teeth" came unstitched.  Last trip I stopped in a JoAnne's Fabric store in Helena MT and bought thread and needles an sewed it back together.  Wasn't smooth but mostly worked - it was a few more days of riding to get back to Alabama.  Other than the zipper the bag held up well but only had it two years.  I do long trips and the tank bag gets opened a lot but still disappointed.  This time I decided to try SW Motech.

The SW Motech bags are expensive for sure but they are VERY high quality. 

I have EVO tank rings on both of my bikes and swap the bag between bikes all of the time, it sees a lot of use and is still in pristine condition after many years.  I think you'll like it.

• Thumbsup 4

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, GusD said:

What are the shipping costs to North Carolina?

Hi. What’s your Zip code? I can check it out and get back to you.

1 hour ago, GusD said:

27103.  Thanks for looking into this.  

Hi. Shipping would be 45 CAD which is about $35 USD. Total of $210CAD (160 USD). 

Which one do you want to sell?  The one with the gray or the all black one?  Also… would I need to order the evo tank ring separately or is that part of the deal?  I have a 2020 tracer 900gt so I assume it would be the same ring, right?  Sorry for all of the questions.