Yamaha 39L case

How are you liking those SW-Motech crash bars, by the way? It appears that the way they are designed they may crack at their base points if the bike falls over and would puncture the radiator? A transverse bar connecting the two crash bars would make the setup more robust. Of course, looks are deceiving and they might be way more rugged than they appear.

• Premium Member
How are you liking those SW-Motech crash bars, by the way? It appears that the way they are designed they may crack at their base points if the bike falls over and would puncture the radiator? A transverse bar connecting the two crash bars would make the setup more robust. Of course, looks are deceiving and they might be way more rugged than they appear.
I thought about this too, but the SW-Motech crash bars are beefy as hell.  If you manage to hit them hard enough to bend them, your bike is pretty much certain to have way worse problems than a damaged radiator. 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

I always liked and trusted sw motech bars even though i never had a crash or even a tip over with them but i know crazy bunch of guys who had nasty crashes and motech bars saved many bikes and legs, so they are testing and I'm buying :D

Archived