New owner in Ogden, Utah!

Hey I just purchased a brand new, sexy, Liquid Metal, Tracer 9 Gt yesterday. I’m loving it. I also ordered the full akrapovic exhaust, Corbin seat for rider and passenger, and the whole Givi top box setup. 

So for some reason the dealer couldn’t find anything for the bike except the things I ordered. They couldn’t find the Yamaha comfort seats, so that’s why I went with the Corbin. It better be amazing…  and the Yamaha top box was on back order so far they didn’t know if it would be months. So that’s why I went with Givi.  She also couldn’t find a fender eliminator, so if anyone knows where to get one or is selling one please let me know!  Also she couldn’t find the Yamaha tracer 9 gt tank protector stickers. So I had to get ones designed for an older model and the only options were black for the top and clear for the sides. What the heck is going on? If anyone knows where to get the official ones please let me know too. 

The only thing I dislike is the dashes placement makes them super hard for me to see during the day. At night they are perfectly fine though. If anyone has a solution please let me know about that as well. 

Thank you guys for any help you can provide. If anyone is near by me, let’s ride! I need to get my 600 miles in for the break in period so I can really start hammering it!

Edited by Headgas
  • Thumbsup 4

Welcome! I was stationed at the air base for a long time. I’d love to get back to Utah on my tracer and ride to mirror lake or the southern part of the state. 

you might get more answers from one of the Facebook groups. They seem to be a little more active. 

I don’t have a top case, but I’m disappointed to hear they’re hard or impossible to get through the dealer. I’d really like the OE small top case. 

GIVI seems to be the most popular aftermarket brand. But, that just seems to be from the chatter I’ve seen. 

26 minutes ago, smd3 said:

Welcome! I was stationed at the air base for a long time. I’d love to get back to Utah on my tracer and ride to mirror lake or the southern part of the state. 

you might get more answers from one of the Facebook groups. They seem to be a little more active. 

I don’t have a top case, but I’m disappointed to hear they’re hard or impossible to get through the dealer. I’d really like the OE small top case. 

GIVI seems to be the most popular aftermarket brand. But, that just seems to be from the chatter I’ve seen. 

Hey, I’m still new to Utah. I don’t know where mirror lake is haha. 

I don’t do social media at all. So no Facebook for me. I guess I’m stuck waiting here. 
Thanks. 

• Thumbsup 1

7 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Search ebay for tail tidy or fender eliminator for the 9GT. R&G also has one...

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Tail_Tidies/Yamaha/Tracer_9_GT/#

Hey perfect, does this one use the stock blinkers and have a light for the license plate? Too bad it’s a European site. Not sure yet how long it will take to ship. But I’d rather get it ordered than have nothing on the way hah

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, Headgas said:

Hey perfect, does this one use the stock blinkers and have a light for the license plate? Too bad it’s a European site. Not sure yet how long it will take to ship. But I’d rather get it ordered than have nothing on the way hah

Try a google search. Twisted Throttle sells the R&G stuff at a preminium of course.

30 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Try a google search. Twisted Throttle sells the R&G stuff at a preminium of course.

Alright so the stock blinkers don’t fit.  I’m not a mechanic at all sadly. I have to take everything to the shop. So I’m sure I’ll have to get some blinkers that don’t have to be modified in any way. Any idea what ones to get with this?

4 hours ago, Headgas said:

Hey, I’m still new to Utah. I don’t know where mirror lake is haha. 

I don’t do social media at all. So no Facebook for me. I guess I’m stuck waiting here. 
Thanks. 

mirror lake highway is a scenic mountain drive, out around Kamas. Well worth the day trip. 

There’s a section of 191 around flaming gorge that’s nice, too. 

alpine loop by American Fork is also good, but might still be snowed in. 

almost everything running east-west in the southern 1/3 of the state is good. 

drive safe around town. I remember Utah drivers being fairly aggressive. 

oh, and enjoy the lane filtering. It was allowed for about the last year I lived there. I miss that a LOT. 

Congrats on the new bike!  I've never been to Salt Lake City (except the airport) or Ogden.  I have been to Moab, Vernal and Flaming George.  LOL first time I went by Flaming George it was on the west side and was a cold rain!  I was wet and very cold but still a beautiful area.  Went to back to Vernal a couple of years ago and went north on the other side of Flaming George.  Out of Vernal is a place called Jones Hole - roads are not that good with lots of tar snakes so speed is about the speed limit.  Joes Hole is a cool place with a hatchery and a short hike to the Green River.  Saw a bighorn sheep on the trail - like 6 feet away!  Close enough to be a bit scary as they are not as big as Elk but big enough with a massive head and horns.  Of course of carefully slowly eased my camera up and got pics.  I get to Vernal via Cheyanne WY then thru the Snowy Mountain Range to Encampment then south thru Battle Pass to Craig CO before west to Vernal.  Some good mountain roads on that route.

Too bad on the top box.  I have the small Yamaha one and really like it.  Nice thing about Yamaha is can key the same as the ignition key.  I'm going to be selling my top case, left overs from re-keying set and the rack (for 2020 Tracer GT).  Also have a virtually new SW Motech tank bag will be selling also.  Selling bike and going to more wheels but haven't gotten around to taking pics and making a proper listing.

EDIT:  Reason for selling has nothing to do with the bike but rather health and age and wife are pointing me to going to a car.  

Edited by PhotoAl

18 hours ago, smd3 said:

mirror lake highway is a scenic mountain drive, out around Kamas. Well worth the day trip. 

There’s a section of 191 around flaming gorge that’s nice, too. 

alpine loop by American Fork is also good, but might still be snowed in. 

almost everything running east-west in the southern 1/3 of the state is good. 

drive safe around town. I remember Utah drivers being fairly aggressive. 

oh, and enjoy the lane filtering. It was allowed for about the last year I lived there. I miss that a LOT. 

Ok cool. Yea Utah is the #1 state for the worst drivers in America. 
All they did was make it legal lane split up to stop lights and stop signs sadly. I’m from SoCal so all I know is lane splitting. I think it’s stupid to stop us. 

16 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Congrats on the new bike!  I've never been to Salt Lake City (except the airport) or Ogden.  I have been to Moab, Vernal and Flaming George.  LOL first time I went by Flaming George it was on the west side and was a cold rain!  I was wet and very cold but still a beautiful area.  Went to back to Vernal a couple of years ago and went north on the other side of Flaming George.  Out of Vernal is a place called Jones Hole - roads are not that good with lots of tar snakes so speed is about the speed limit.  Joes Hole is a cool place with a hatchery and a short hike to the Green River.  Saw a bighorn sheep on the trail - like 6 feet away!  Close enough to be a bit scary as they are not as big as Elk but big enough with a massive head and horns.  Of course of carefully slowly eased my camera up and got pics.  I get to Vernal via Cheyanne WY then thru the Snowy Mountain Range to Encampment then south thru Battle Pass to Craig CO before west to Vernal.  Some good mountain roads on that route.

Too bad on the top box.  I have the small Yamaha one and really like it.  Nice thing about Yamaha is can key the same as the ignition key.  I'm going to be selling my top case, left overs from re-keying set and the rack (for 2020 Tracer GT).  Also have a virtually new SW Motech tank bag will be selling also.  Selling bike and going to more wheels but haven't gotten around to taking pics and making a proper listing.

EDIT:  Reason for selling has nothing to do with the bike but rather health and age and wife are pointing me to going to a car.  

Hey that sounds like a very nice ride! 
Too bad you’re moving away from motorcycles. My mom is 73 and rides a Honda ruckus haha. 
I may be interested in the tank bag. Can you send me pics and info on it in a private message?

• Thumbsup 1

Congrats on the new bike! I'm in Midvale. Utah has horrible drivers, but some of the best roads in the US are within a pretty short distance. Some of the best roads are still closed from the crazy winter (SR 150 Mirror Lake Highway, SR 92 Alpine Loop, and Nebo Loop)

But there are plenty of good roads that are open. Up by you in Ogden, check out Monte Cristo (SR 39), then up to Bear Lake, and back down the canyon to Logan then Brigham City.

Down toward SLC, there is Little Cottonwood Canyon, which is a shorter canyon; Big Cottonwood, which is a little longer, and connects to Guardsman Pass into Park City or Midway. From Midway, you can head over to Cascade Springs rd, which connects to Alpine Loop (when the loop is open). 

East Canyon from Ogden, head East on 84, then take the exit at Morgan for SR 65. Then SR 66 at the reservoir. That road will put you just east of Salt Lake on I-80. 

And so many more roads around too!

2 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

Congrats on the new bike! I'm in Midvale. Utah has horrible drivers, but some of the best roads in the US are within a pretty short distance. Some of the best roads are still closed from the crazy winter (SR 150 Mirror Lake Highway, SR 92 Alpine Loop, and Nebo Loop)

But there are plenty of good roads that are open. Up by you in Ogden, check out Monte Cristo (SR 39), then up to Bear Lake, and back down the canyon to Logan then Brigham City.

Down toward SLC, there is Little Cottonwood Canyon, which is a shorter canyon; Big Cottonwood, which is a little longer, and connects to Guardsman Pass into Park City or Midway. From Midway, you can head over to Cascade Springs rd, which connects to Alpine Loop (when the loop is open). 

East Canyon from Ogden, head East on 84, then take the exit at Morgan for SR 65. Then SR 66 at the reservoir. That road will put you just east of Salt Lake on I-80. 

And so many more roads around too!

Awesome. Thank you. I’m going to save this info. Tons of rides!