Front signal options ‘22 Tracer 9 GT

kingfisher

While traveling down the highway, a hawk decided to commit suicide by Tracer, and neatly broke off the right front turn signal. The oval shaped bracket that the turn signal resides in was broken. This bracket is one piece with the “pilot light assembly”, which Partzilla lists as an $567 dollar part. That’s not an option. I wondered about trying to repair the broken bracket, but don’t think it would be a strong enough repair to allow the turn signal to be placed into it. Was thinking about an aftermarket turn signal set that would be plug and play with the stock electrical connection, and would retain the running light capability. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Was thinking about just replacing the front signals.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I did, but a repair rather than a replacement. I didn't think that any glue would hold, but found this Locktite product and decided to give it a try. Amazing stuff. Bonded perfectly and has held up to high windspeeds since.Screenshot_20230830_124835_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.11f86baa7471952fb2c540294ea7299c.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, slownsteady said:

Hi did you ever find a solution? My front left signal has been pulled out of place a couple times now while parked

A nice after market solution or a different, more reasonably priced OEM part?

20230830_050722.jpg

My left front turn signal has popped out a few times just brushing by it in my crowded garage. Popped it back in but not completely and fell out easily. There must be some easy special order of assembly that escapes me. I finally took the time to try several ways, the best was to fully lubricate it with silicone spray and carefully, deliberately worm it in correctly. They are good in that they pop loose easily & not break, just a pain to re-fit correctly, and they evidently don’t hold up to bird strikes lol!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve had the left one pop out on me a few times too; got pretty good at putting it back after the 3rd or 4th time… Trick is to pull the little back plate off, then feed the rubber mount and light assembly in from the inside. Once it’s in place, replace the back plate. If you get it in right (compare to the other side,) it will stay in place better. I think mine kept coming out because I never got it in right. Some silicone spray lube helps. The right one got attacked by the hawk.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, putting the signal back in is a real PITA.  both of mine have popped off ay one time or another.  There is a retainer that holds the signal in place but it is very difficult to get on.  I found that if you insert the bottom tab in first you can then use a small screw driver to lift the top part of thee rubber and pop the retainer in place.

• Thumbsup 2