ew

arthur

well it turns out some B'stard put on weird valve caps and the first time i saw them i didn't spot the thread coming out at the bottom - so I unscrewed it slowly and carefully. Regular valve stem = needless humiliation. Sigh. lol.

I will buy the 90 degree valve stems for sure. There are a couple of low res photos. The valves I have look weird - almost like a  pressure bicycle valve - I suppose I should read the owners manual thouroughly, instead of selectively.

My tires are Michellin Road 4's which I am happy with, but they were made in 2015

I guess I should change the coolant. I know it has an oil and filter change.

IMG_0466.jpg

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, arthur said:

well it turns out some B'stard put on weird valve caps

Nothing wrong with these caps. They double as a core remover... but yes 90 degree stems much preferred.

1 hour ago, arthur said:

My tires are Michellin Road 4's which I am happy with, but they were made in 2015

Is the manufacture date on the tire 2015?

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Good valve caps - I’ve got one or two but can never find one when I need it!    Don’t worry about humiliation, everyone has at one time or another done something like that.  My best one was parking my scooter on the side of the road because the oil light came on.  Got wife to come and get me and went back with van and hauled scooter home.  Then read the manual - OH!!!! It’s the oil change reminder light!!!

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

Yeah, those valve caps are valve wrenches - so if the valve doesn't seem to hold air, you can tighten it up using that cap.

• Thumbsup 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount