Motorcycle trailer

So I may be among the few, but I saw one of these the other day and thought, That would be great to add to a sport touring bike! 
well. Kinda, sorta, I don't know... I have mixed feelings, but find it intriguing.img]

Edit: My comp hates me and won't load a pic of one  ;-|

AHA! Like this!

IuWWyLY.jpg

Every trailer handles differently, but I will tell you this: running a trailer will DEMOLISH your tires if you even think about going around curves.

I'm not really sure why you'd need that much storage on a bike, either, but I'm not you.
'15 FJ-09
Red is the fastest color!

Prototype Parabellum screens
Shogun sliders
SC seats
Radiator screen

• Premium Member
The solution for that problem already exists. It's called a Ford Transit. You can rent one too. But if you really want to tow a trailer, that one looks well designed. But please don't forget about it and start to filter through traffic.

The solution for that problem already exists. It's called a Ford Transit. You can rent one too. But if you really want to tow a trailer, that one looks well designed. But please don't forget about it and start to filter through traffic.
Yikes, that would be bad. The level of stupidity to forget you have that bolted up would be impressive on its own.  
As far as getting one, I'm  just curious about them since I haven't seen that many. Interesting looking for sure. It addresses the issue of luggage space, and I get that it would decrease component life, brakes, tires, more to tug around on the engine too. Handling wise they don't look to inhibit much. I mean, I've seen the goldwing 2 wheel trailers, but NEVER a single tire in line with the bike. Its surprising that something like this (I'm guessing here) isn't throwing off the overall balance of the machine. I would think the trailer would lean to one side or the other. Especially loaded.

Couter, I'm assuming this would be for a long trip to support the passenger? If it gets her on the back of the bike for a long trip it may be worth it, but the sporty factor's going to drop. I have no idea what Yamaha has to say about trailers... Is there a dealer there that can show you one? I think there used to be trailers with electric brakes to take some of the load off the bike's brakes- saw then on some Shriner Bikes.  Big sleds with matching trailers.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Archived