Mineral Lodge and Restaurant

duckie

Took a ride a few days ago looking for the next good eats. Good eats and riding go hand in hand. Stopped in Mineral to check out the eats at the restaurant and general store. Its got that been here awhile look and feel to it. Its got both indoor and patio seating. Pretty good menu selection. You can get a buffalo or elk burgers. I chose the old fashion cow cheese burger with fries. Pretty damn good. Great sun ice tea. 

You never know what you will see out riding. When I walked out to leave, there was a custom woodie Power Wagon outside. I mean custom inside and out. Its was a work of art. Have no idea what year.

Enjoy the pis…..

8BAC0F86-E490-4191-9CE0-1C512003F215.jpeg

C5E0CB4D-1EF0-4B5B-BD23-C5BC826EA6A4.jpeg

B1CDDCE2-A6EF-42A9-99A3-70BE41482355.jpeg

E659CF84-2531-4B55-BD2B-462E28A073F5.jpeg

C968AD6C-121A-46A4-98E8-FDB6FF1EE3A0.jpeg

CD5270BC-E2EC-4189-857D-F739793FAA06.jpeg

9DB99E65-E172-4CDD-8D54-F68DCCD4393C.jpeg

7BF36127-674D-4EF7-9B17-9D6CB270E663.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

As I was heading south on 89 to Qunicy, I kept seeing long strings of traffic heading the other way. I thought I picked the right direction to go…….until I come up on road construction that only allowed one direction of travel at a time using a pilot vehicle.

Lucky I was close too the front, but no shade to be found and no where to park on the side. So, standing around for bout 20 minutes in full gear in bout 100 degrees was fun. 
The line of cars behind me kept growing…..by alot……bout 1/8 mile or so. 
It then dawn on me that as miserable I was……I would be moving soon unlike the flagger having to stand there all day. 

I made sure I gave him a wave and also every road crew personal I passed. They all acknowledged my wave.

But the fun was not over…..came up another road construction area with a flagger but this time there was some shade on the side of the road close to the back of a truck, so I pulled to the little shady spot.

The guy in the truck kept waving me by. I was confused. We were all stopped, so why the wave by? 
I finally decide to go by and when I got next to his door, I saw why…….a big ole shady spot. I yelled shade as I passed  and he got a big smile on his face. Big thumbs up was given to him. Another 20 minute wait.

Another great road is Orville-Qunicy. Its a bittersweet ride cause it goes through alot of burn out forests……but the visabilty from turn to turn is great. Plus the suface is really nice. 
Definitely, a road worth checking out. 
Plus all the lakes are full so unlike last year. 

In Qunicy while I was cooling off, another rider showed up and we spent an hour just chatting about riding and motorcycles. Very enjoyable and learned a few things from him. 
The rides I do are not always about hauling ass. Sometimes it just riding to see whats up. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Looks like a GREAT day!!

That truck...damnnn.  And the CANOE!!!  Gorgeous.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, duckie said:

As I was heading south on 89 to Qunicy, I kept seeing long strings of traffic heading the other way. I thought I picked the right direction to go…….until I come up on road construction that only allowed one direction of travel at a time using a pilot vehicle.

Lucky I was close too the front, but no shade to be found and no where to park on the side. So, standing around for bout 20 minutes in full gear in bout 100 degrees was fun. 
The line of cars behind me kept growing…..by alot……bout 1/8 mile or so. 
It then dawn on me that as miserable I was……I would be moving soon unlike the flagger having to stand there all day. 

I made sure I gave him a wave and also every road crew personal I passed. They all acknowledged my wave.

But the fun was not over…..came up another road construction area with a flagger but this time there was some shade on the side of the road close to the back of a truck, so I pulled to the little shady spot.

The guy in the truck kept waving me by. I was confused. We were all stopped, so why the wave by? 
I finally decide to go by and when I got next to his door, I saw why…….a big ole shady spot. I yelled shade as I passed  and he got a big smile on his face. Big thumbs up was given to him. Another 20 minute wait.

Another great road is Orville-Qunicy. Its a bittersweet ride cause it goes through alot of burn out forests……but the visabilty from turn to turn is great. Plus the suface is really nice. 
Definitely, a road worth checking out. 
Plus all the lakes are full so unlike last year. 

In Qunicy while I was cooling off, another rider showed up and we spent an hour just chatting about riding and motorcycles. Very enjoyable and learned a few things from him. 
The rides I do are not always about hauling ass. Sometimes it just riding to see whats up. 

I just rode that area today. The road construction is still going strong all over. It’s an inconvenience but every time I visit California on a road trip the roads are in overall phenomenal condition so to me, it’s a small price to pay. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5869557abef158fc6b01fb7289e8919e.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***