New Rider

Hello!  Bought my first street bike fj09.  Never rode street before but the love of bikes brought me back.  I rode dirt from the age of 5 to 17....then at 21 got married raised two kids and divorced 8 years ago...so....buy a bike.  That I did.  Now at 45 I'm starting all over and loving every minute of my new ride.  Have just under 600 miles on it and after an 80 mile ride last Sunday was pulling it in the garage over a four inch lip and lost my balance and dropped it.  :(  only damage was a scratch on the hand gaurd and a scratch on the alternator cover.  I have to say the hand  guards protected the tank and the turn signal.  I'm only 5'4 so I tippy toe the ground.  Besides that little episode, love the bike!  Rode the Tail of the Dragon in TN...Cherohala Sky Way and Devils Triangle.  All great rides.  My boyfriend is very patient leading me with his Ducati Pikes Peak Multristrada 1200s.  On the way for him is a KTM1290 Super Adventure...I'm so stoked to be a bike owner again.  :) Look forward to learning as much as I can about the bike, riding, gear,  accessories and awesome stories on this forum! Happy Riding :)

Congrats on the new bike. I've never met a rider that hasn't dropped a bike. Shame it had to happen on a new bike. Glad you are enjoying it though. Be careful, this bike has a ton of power as a first bike, even with previous dirt experience. Keep the rubber side down.

• Premium Member
Welcome. Sorry about your little getoff, but now it is broken in. I taught my wife to ride in the dirt first, and now she does pretty good in the street. I think it makes street riders better riders when they start that way. Keep us posted and it doesn't exist without pictures. friday_zpsy7vrreqp.gif
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
Hello!  Bought my first street bike fj09.  Never rode street before but the love of bikes brought me back.  I rode dirt from the age of 5 to 17....then at 21 got married raised two kids and divorced 8 years ago...so....buy a bike.  That I did.  Now at 45 I'm starting all over and loving every minute of my new ride.  Have just under 600 miles on it and after an 80 mile ride last Sunday was pulling it in the garage over a four inch lip and lost my balance and dropped it.  :(  only damage was a scratch on the hand gaurd and a scratch on the alternator cover.  I have to say the hand  guards protected the tank and the turn signal.  I'm only 5'4 so I tippy toe the ground.  Besides that little episode, love the bike!  Rode the Tail of the Dragon in TN...Cherohala Sky Way and Devils Triangle.  All great rides.  My boyfriend is very patient leading me with his Ducati Pikes Peak Multristrada 1200s.  On the way for him is a KTM1290 Super Adventure...I'm so stoked to be a bike owner again.  :) Look forward to learning as much as I can about the bike, riding, gear,  accessories and awesome stories on this forum! Happy Riding :)
hey welcome to the site!  Cognrats on the bike and bummer about the drop!!  But it just adds character, right?

clap_zpsfgkaxqyi.gif

we love having lady riders on this site for a bunch of reasons (sausage fest) but they give other lady riders really good information about what it's like to ride/own an FJ.

@Puddles is our in house FJ hero lady rider as she took hers thousands of miles through Baja right after she bought it.

Welcome to the site!!!  or did I say that already..... hmmm

hmmm_zpsogv254tr.gif

• Premium Member
Have just under 600 miles on it and after an 80 mile ride last Sunday was pulling it in the garage over a four inch lip and lost my balance and dropped it.  :(  only damage was a scratch on the hand gaurd and a scratch on the alternator cover.  I have to say the hand  guards protected the tank and the turn signal.  I'm only 5'4 so I tippy toe the ground.:)
I'm 5'4" as well, which does tend to make many bikes challenging. 
Last week I tipped the FJ over onto my wife's brand-new car while backing down the driveway.  The FJ got nary a scratch, but the car door, well....

Welcome.  I hope you love your FJ as much as I love mine.  And I really, really do love mine.  Best bike I've ever owned, and I don't think that's just because she's the newest.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Archived