Mounting hardware for Puig touring and sport screens?

Steve H

I recently purchased a 2017 FJ 09 that came with the Puig touring windscreen mounted. I'm not a big fan of the touring screen, and am thinking of getting the Puig sport screen. I'd like to keep the touring windscreen for rides in wet/cold weather, but figure I'd use the sport screen most of the time. Does the sport screen use the same brackets as the touring screen? It would be great if I could swap them by just removing the screws on the windshield itself and not have to touch the mounting brackets. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased a 2017 FJ09 and found a Puig Touring screen. It did not come with the bracket and hardware to move the alien looking hand guards. Removed the stock screen and bolted in the Puig. The hand guard do hit the screen but I took a cautious test ride and did U-turns on the street and was able to stay on the paved part with out falling due to the guards hitting the touring screen. I did not think it would work. I'm thinking of going to bark buster hand guards and right now currently going to search if they will clear with the touring screen. 

Glad to hear it's working out so far. The hardware for the hand guards is just a simple flat oval plate that shifts the guards out by about 3/4". Wouldn't be that hard to make if you wanted to keep the original guards

On 10/22/2023 at 12:02 PM, thanks4thefish said:

I just purchased a 2017 FJ09 and found a Puig Touring screen. It did not come with the bracket and hardware to move the alien looking hand guards. Removed the stock screen and bolted in the Puig. The hand guard do hit the screen but I took a cautious test ride and did U-turns on the street and was able to stay on the paved part with out falling due to the guards hitting the touring screen. I did not think it would work. I'm thinking of going to bark buster hand guards and right now currently going to search if they will clear with the touring screen. 

How much do the handguards hit the screen?  I have a PUIG touring screen, that I cut down, on my 2020.  I'm just using the stock mounting brackets and the bottom of the screen would contact the front bodywork on my bike.  I got 4 hard rubber spacers (about 1/4" thick) and used longer bolts.  That moves the screen out enough to clear when I set it in the low position.  Mine is a 2020 so I may be suggesting how to fix your peach with my apple repair.  😉

pu.thumb.jpg.d7a6057c09621957cce02b391f422f35.jpg

Edited by Heavy
  • Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.