Fuses

I bought a Blaster-X Taillight and when installing it the light doesn't come on. I'm thinking it's a blown fuse, but don't know which it might be. Can someone tell me the location of the proper fuse?

• Supporting Member

Do you have a user manual?   It should show you exactly where your signalling/parking and headlight fuses are.

Mine (2015 model) are located under the right hand front covers and are shown in the attached pic.

I believe (from an earlier post) that you have a 2019 GT and so location may be different.

Have you tried plugging the OEM tail light back in (without reinstalling it) to prove if you've actually lost power?  Double check your wiring to the blaster if that checks out.   i.e. make sure you've plugged the connectors all the way home.

image.thumb.png.b03213e1bb628e43710914527c3158b6.png

Thanks for that. I did plug in the OEM taillight and had the same result. 

The tail/running/brake light was working properly, that is until I attempted to install an ST2 brake module. As I didn't put any forethought into the placement of that unit, l found that I couldn't find a proper place to mount it (I've since installed the ST2 on my 1977 BMW R75/7).

I'm concerned as to why it has no power. If it is a blown fuse, what would have caused it to go bad. (Retorical question).

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Louis said:

I bought a Blaster-X Taillight and when installing it the light doesn't come on. I'm thinking it's a blown fuse, but don't know which it might be. Can someone tell me the location of the proper fuse?

I installed a Blaster X a few months ago. Check the parking lighting fuse. I have a 2016 and it's located underneath the right panel. Manual shows on the right bank on top.

I had the same issue. It worked and then it didn't. I triple checked everything, plugged old light back in. Nothing. Then decided to check all fuses. Not sure why that on blew. Replacing that fuse fixed the issue. 

Dan

• Premium Member

You've got me confused which is not unusual for me. But anyway, I'm confused about what doesn't work. The integrated turns signals or the brake / tail light?

I've had mine for a few years now I think, and never had a problem with it. And I made my own splice kit to make the turn signals functional. I've never played with the brake light options and kept the default triple flash and then off.

I can understand the parking light function which includes I presume the turn signals. Is the taillight on too?

I've never checked. I've only run the emergency flashers and they function as well with my splice kit.

Thanks to those who responded to my question about the Blaster-X. I found that it was a blown fuse.As an aside, the manual I purchased shows a 1 amp fuse for the taillight. That threw me a curve since there is NOT a 1 amp fuse anywhere on the bike, so I decided to check all the fuses underneath the right panel. It turned out to be a 7.5 amp fuse. 

• Thumbsup 1