Shogun frame slider/footrest real world drop experience?

Fuel should not spill.  Everything I've heard about the frame sliders is they are OK for drops but a slide may or may not cause them to break off part of the frame.  At the track I've seen lots of frame sliders and parts next to the track.  

I have the R&G Aero frame sliders on my 2019 Tracer GT.  The Shogun sliders appear to extend a bit further than the R&G.  I had a low side and the R&G sliders did a decent job of protecting the bike.  The tank was not damaged.  So I would expect the Shogun to do as well if not better.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Thanks. I will let the bike take a nap and lay down and report back. I've had engine guards on every bike I have ever owned so wanted to protect if from my slippery feet.  Thinking of going to the. TN2122 Givi guard as I don't have anywhere other than the forks to mount driving lights. I just found on this forum the Adventure Tech bracket that looks decent. 

I have the extended Shogun sliders, and I have tipped the bike over on both sides (don't let short friends ride your bike 😂). I also have Barkbuster handguards on. Those contact before the tank. the sliders do a good job of keeping the engine and plastics off of the ground in a tip over. 

I really didn't want to add crash bars (added weight, extra complication with some maintenance, and ugly IMO), so I'm pleased that the sliders worked out for me. I do use them as foot rests for stretching my legs on the highway.