Southern California Shenanigans

bigred3

• Premium Member
Nice pics!...looking good. 
I am up here in Los Angeles  but one day want to ride down there and explore.

I hear there are a lot of nice ride like Mt. Palomar area... and near the city of Julian?

If you are  in the Los Angeles area, please let me know :_)

Al the best!

Here is a video I made on Kanaan road [one of many I made ]

You must like tunnels. You need to ride with Ty and myself on Angeles Crest and Angeles Forrest. Newcombs is inaccessible by motorcycle right now due to snow, but it will melt soon, so for now, Little T, Bouquet, Angeles Forrest, and lower Big T. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
How many of yall are down south in Sandy Eggo county? I know there's gotta be more than a few...  

I have actually never ridden further South than Ortega Hwy. For some reason, I tend to go north. Great riding in Sacramento area foothills. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Nice pics!...looking good. 
I am up here in Los Angeles  but one day want to ride down there and explore.

I hear there are a lot of nice ride like Mt. Palomar area... and near the city of Julian?

If you are  in the Los Angeles area, please let me know :_)

Al the best!

Here is a video I made on Kanaan road [one of many I made ]

You must like tunnels. You need to ride with Ty and myself on Angeles Crest and Angeles Forrest. Newcombs is inaccessible by motorcycle right now due to snow, but it will melt soon, so for now, Little T, Bouquet, Angeles Forrest, and lower Big T.
Julian? Did someone say apple pie???!!!dribble.gif 
Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

I've been through Julian many times but have never stopped for pie, only pizza once or twice. The roads around Julian can definitely rival some of the stuff to the north but the roads around Porterville would have to be my favorite. The 245 to the north, 190 to the east and the alien oil fields to the south are just amazing to name a few.

I'm east of LA and always looking for good people to ride with.

• 4 weeks later...
I live down in south Riverside county. Used to ride Ortega alot but the road is much too busy these days. Lately I prefer to ride Palomar Mt area and the Pines to Palms Hwy 74 into Palm Springs... that's a nice ride if you ever get the chance. Now that the weather has turned warmer I'll try to get over the mountain into Palm Springs, might even go a bit further a ride through Joshua Tree Park.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eatpasta
When are you guys going to take a weekend ride to SB so that I can get a test ride, already?!

::)

I have a Speed Triple for ride/trade.... 

ricky_zpsqsebqlex.gif

• Premium Member
When are you guys going to take a weekend ride to SB so that I can get a test ride, already?! 

ricky_zpsqsebqlex.gif

He lives!!! No one to ride with anymore since Ty's passing. I did see a new F-Jay at Newcombs last Sunday, but he/she left before I could say hi.  
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Not last weekend but the previous weekend I was at Newcombs on my new FJ. I will keep an eye out for you.Red 2015
Mine is red also (dah, you knew that from my avitar). Look for the Penske shock and auxiliary lights. The person I saw had a 2016 silver/blue one. I usually go early, but not if the wife takes her street triple and goes with me. Then it is later. 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eatpasta

ricky_zpsqsebqlex.gif

He lives!!! No one to ride with anymore since Ty's passing. I did see a new F-Jay at Newcombs last Sunday, but he/she left before I could say hi.
Oh no!  When did Ty pass?  What happened?

:'(

Yes I live - just busting my ass up in SB. Working a ton and not a lot of time for anything else.

the FJR and Speedy are on the chopping block so taht I can get my car paid off.

Got my Jeep back after almost 10 years in storage and lots of little things to fix.  Also have my late brother in laws' Miata that also needs a lot of love... lots of things to work on and not enough time or garage space!

Guest eatpasta
CHP and LA Sheriff out in full force on the freeways and Angeles Crest Hwy! Whew!
That place is a f(%king mess.  the last two times I have been up there I saw no less than a half dozen accidents....

I actually had a short diatribe published in Motorcyclist a few years back about this very thing.  Too many bikers die up there for no reason

Guest bruinfj09guy
I think the last (and first) few times I was up were both in cooler weather and possibly on weekdays. It was fun and not busy. Yesterday was a different story. I thought I had it made for a minute there, as I live just a ways from the La Canada. Oh well. It was not fun.

The times I've been out Malibu Canyon Rd and Mulholland Hwy it wasn't nearly as dramatic. Were those just lucky days?

Archived