Removing the Seat?

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed the back of the rider/front seat was a bit loose (my bike has 0 km, it was trailered home due to real winter here.) Removed both seats. Saw the front seat base was correctly in the low position (I'm 5'7" with 31" inseam in riding boots.) Putting the front seat back on it's possible to have the rear of that front seat in the middle between the low and high position. Even though it is clearly marked. Made sure I put it firmly in the low position. The front seat is now firmly in place, not loose at all.
I doubt I'll have my selling dealer do any work on my bike since they can't put the seat on correctly.  ??? And I'll re-torque everything involved in installing the front wheel and handle bars. Good thing I did NOT pay for any PDI! :-S
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

@GSOrider the only reason I can think of, is for safety. With the plug in place, you can't hit the lever that releases the seat. Maybe if you braked hard, something stored under the passenger seat could hit the release? I don't know. That's the only thing I can think of. I left it in, because once you dial in your seat height, you don't have to remove it often. Also, the trick I found is to reach under from the rear and you can pop the plug up from the bottom.

Archived