New member in Ottawa, Canada

deersSlayer

Just put a deposit on a red one. w00t! 
Is it spring yet? (forecast shows low -30 C here Thursday AM, brrrr!)

My bike arrived at the dealer today!! It's very winter here, but I have an enclosed trailer to bring it home. I'll probably
have the seat broken in before I actually ride the bike
(probably very late March or early April.)

This will be replacing my 2009 Triumph Street triple R.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Move to Victoria for a few months, you can ride your new FigJam-OhNine all winter, and you don't even need to apply for a VISA!
Oh I know, my first four years of riding I lived in Victoria. Other places I've lived and ridden in BC: Vancouver, Hope, Kelowna, and Terrace. I moved to Ottawa almost 20 years ago for work. 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the new ride.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Grats DS.
    Did you research the Insurance yet? I haven't got a chance to call my company yet. Just wondering if they are going by displacement only or are they factoring in the Sport touring category?
      Let me know if you wanna ride sometime brother :)

Did you research the Insurance yet? I haven't got a chance to call my company yet. Just wondering if they are going by displacement only or are they factoring in the Sport touring category?       Let me know if you wanna ride sometime brother :)
I use HB group insurance, their underwriter is Coseco. The FJ-09 in not yet in their system, but they quoted me for an FZ-09 $337/year for liability only. That's for a rider with 20 consecutive years moto-insured (29 total), over 50 yr old, no accidents, no recent tickets. 
Always up for a ride! I'm planning a 14 - 16 day ride for the first 2 weeks in May. Going to an event near Little Switzerland, NC on May 8-9, and another near Glen, NH on May 15-16. Many, many, many little twisty roads planned!!

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Cool. I have some holidays end of march early april. Expect to be breaking mine in around that time. I forgot to call TD insurance again today. I'll write it down and give them a jingle tomorrow and see what they say. I doubt it will be more than my HD.

Guest eatpasta
Is it spring yet? (forecast shows low -30 C here Thursday AM, brrrr!)

or as a Canadian buddy of mine puts it; Shirtsleeves weather in Canada! 
::)

dunno how you guys do it.... that's chilly

• Premium Member
I spy a Harbor Freight tire changer with Mojo Blocks added. I felt that the handguards were to massive, so I measured them tip to tip, almost 3 feet wide. That is 1 to 3 inches wider than any of my other bikes and will make lane splitting difficult. They do deflect a lot of wind off your hands, so I will leave then for now.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I spy a Harbor Freight tire changer with Mojo Blocks added.
If you look closely just behind the changer leaning against the walls' corner, the crappy Harbor Fright red breaker bar is not completely blocking the black Mojo bar. Mojo is quality stuff, the Harbor Fright is .... inexpensive. ;) 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Very nice! I've just joined as this is on my shortlist for my new bike. Do you mind if i ask which dealer you used? as i'm in Ottawa area too. Did they have a demo to try? Did you get a good deal? I didn't know whether anyone is doing deals yet on these as they're so new.

Very nice! I've just joined as this is on my shortlist for my new bike. Do you mind if i ask which dealer you used? as i'm in Ottawa area too. Did they have a demo to try? Did you get a good deal? I didn't know whether anyone is doing deals yet on these as they're so new.
Sam, I bought from Motor Sports World. I showed them an online add where Brantford Motorcycles was an offering FJ-09 with NO freight, PDI or dealer fees added. They matched that, which was significant at $1,100. I also bought a couple of accessories (heated grips, frame sliders) for nearly 13% off (effectively no sales taxes.)Not sure if they will have a demo bike in Spring. I bought without a test ride, but I read *ALL* the ride tests! :)) I have previously bought new from MSW: a 2000 SV650S, and a deeply discounted 2009 WR250X in 2010. Ottawa Powersports (Laser & Hunt Club) were the first Ottawa dealer to get one (before New Years), that's the one I test-sat for a lonnnng time. They seemed unwilling to drop all the fees...
PM me (once you can, after 10 posts) if you want more details.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Archived