Why isn't there a power commander for our bike?

So I have the full akrapovic exhaust and I have the sprint p08 air filter but I can't install the air filter till I get a power commander. But they don't make one for our bike for some reason. Can I have the ecu tuned to work with the air filter and exhaust without a power commander? If so, any suggestions on the best person to go to? I'm in Utah but I'm sure I may have to ship my ecu like I did for my yamaha bolt to Ivan in new York. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Headgas said:

Can I have the ecu tuned to work with the air filter and exhaust without a power commander? If so, any suggestions on the best person to go to?

https://www.vcyclenut.com/

There is a LOT of reading on Dave's website.  He doesn't just borrow a bike and create a fuel map on a dyno, in most cases be buys the bike to thoroughly test and develop the flash not only on the dyno but through real-world data logging by riding under various road conditions.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Totally recommend VCycleNut's ECU flash. Got it done after the break-in period on my '22 T9GT. Has remedied and transformed the bike. You can read others' frustrations on 2nd gear, non-consistent drive-ability and other issues when using stock ECU in many threads on this forum. While the getting the recalls completed will help, you're better off getting the ECU flashed and aftermarket exhaust.

Edited by robzilla
  • Thumbsup 1

Yea I didn't do the recalls. Didn't need to. I do love my full akrapovic with the dB killer out. I emailed him, I for sure want to do it If he can make my intake work with the bike too since power commander sucks and doesn't make one for our bike haha.