Difficult upshifting under hard acceleration

Mine did this between 2-3 for a bit.. Now at 13K Mi + its gone.. There is a recall on earlier models (mine is one) about a shift fork or some such. Getting the part for the recall seems to be a challenge for the dealers.. I've been waiting over a year. But the bike still runs fine // CD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Skip.. I will look into it. Two dealers... no call back.. Not crucial but trying to time it with a service call for an all in one event.

I shall make a call and ask

CD

• 2 months later...
@CDog

I have a 2015 I just bought new, how can I find out if I need the shift fork replacement?

When I first got my bike, I had this shift problem, too. Going 2-->3 and sometimes 4-->5, I would push up on the shift lever, and though it would seem to move through its full range of motion, there was no click at the end of the upshift, and I would still be in the same gear as before the attempted shift--which I found out after releasing the clutch lever to a very startling windup rather than the expected rev-down. I was told to give it 1000-1500 miles to break in and it slowly decreased in frequency. Now that I'm at just under 1000 miles, it seems to have gone away entirely. Shifts are gentle, nice and smooth, punctuated by a small deft click on each up-tick. No more missed gears and sudden revving and deceleration. :-)

I am still curious about the shift fork issue, though--symptoms, long term issues and which production dates were affected.

Thanks in advance,
Omar

Archived