Givi 47NN Top Case

slt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Guys, 
I was wondering if you notice a difference riding with or without a top case on the FJ?
...it's a bunch of weight up high and way out back...so, yes I do. Front gets lighter and the dislocated centre of gravity makes the bike turn a bit different. Just have to pay attention and adjust riding attitude. I ride with a spacious Shad SH48 loaded... say ~15-18lbs of cargo. Idea is not to have the stuff slosh around in there.[span]    [/span]
Thanks piotrek. Im really doubting if I should buy a top case or not. Alternative would be side cases...

• 10 months later...
The wiring was pretty straightforward once I ID’ed the wires on the bike. Trial and error gave away the proper harnesses of the three lines running to the turn signals and plate light. Had to get out the meter to tell the blue/yellow apart for the tail vs brake wires. I labeled them in the pics below in case anyone else runs into this issue and doesn’t have another easy reference. The admore kit comes with positap connectors which made the install a breeze.

The admore cable comes in two parts, so the one tucks under the seat when not in use, and the other runs from the lights and mounts through a hole, which you have to drill through the case somewhere. I chose to do this on the bottom left side for easy access. There aren’t many options, bc it has to be on a relatively flat part of the case, and most people will want it towards the front, but the front middle is blocked by the mounting plate.

Pretty happy with the admore kit overall. It’s not cheap, but my thought is if I’m taking the time to do all this I wanted to really increase the visibility as well. The brakes flash a few times on initial press before going solid, and the turn signals don’t affect the frequency that I can tell.

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. I'm installing the Givi brake light LED's on a V47NNT right now and this was very helpful

Also... I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already, but the site: Motostorm.it has Givi products for a fraction of the cost from US based sites. Even with the $30 shipping I still saved quite a bit of cash. I've ordered from this site three times now and each time has been hasle free with relatively quick shipping (especially considering it's coming from Italy)

I've the Givi 47NN case. I pretty much keep it empty while on tour (I only keep rain liners and rain gloves which dont weight much). When i stop and park somewhere i store my helmet, gloves, and jacket in there. My side cases get the brunt of the luggage.

• 1 month later...
Also... I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already, but the site: Motostorm.it has Givi products for a fraction of the cost from US based sites. Even with the $30 shipping I still saved quite a bit of cash. I've ordered from this site three times now and each time has been hasle free with relatively quick shipping (especially considering it's coming from Italy)
You can also see motorama.it is one of the most supplied sites and with great prices. 

You can also see motorama.it is one of the most supplied sites and with great prices. 

Cool thanks! I'll have to check that one out too

Archived