Givi 47NN Top Case

slt

I was sick of lugging around my backpack and it makes my back too hot anyways during the summer.  I think the bike looks much better without a top case, but this one seems to fit the look decently when I need to drag stuff around.

Givi Monokey 47NN 47 LITER TOP CASE W/ CF ACCENT

http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/cases/monokey-cases/v47nn-47ltr-monokey-case-detail

$425 USD for the whole package (Case, Brackets, Mounting Plate, Seat Back, and Shipping to the US) bought off ebay from an Italian seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400948100223

CO4em8M.jpg
DszjVA9.jpg
P0FxZmC.jpg
TwMG29k.jpg
DXHey6b.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Backrest is very sturdy. Givi's are top notch construction. Its all very solid. Some pics, that helmet is huge. Its a car racing helmet and bigger/thicker than a normal motorcycle helmet but still shows how one fits in there. You could most likely get two motorcycle helmets in there without issue. I threw my big backpack in there with all my work crap in it and it drops right in.

RjR5ooa.jpg
spxPcGo.jpg
LQBwyge.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I pulled the trigger as well on the Givi V47NN top case. Just got my FJ in August. Since it was late in the season, and I didn’t want to wait for overseas shipping, so I ended up paying a bit more than getting the ebay package from the Italian seller in the OP (which looks like a great deal btw)

Separate components ordered from a few websites as follows, just based on pricing and availability:
• Givi V47NN top case – Twisted Throttle
• Givi E134S back rest – Revzilla
[span]    [/span]o Looks better than in the pictures!
• Givi SR2122 case mount/rack - Revzilla
[span]    o This is just the three metal pieces and a few bolts - two sides and one tail, to mount the plate on[/span]
• Givi M7 mounting plate - Revzilla
• Admore LED kit w/ tail, brake, turn signals – Revzilla

Got everything assembled and installed over the weekend. Added a few pics with the case, and then just the plate, which I don't think sticks out too much when the case is off.

4027551.jpg  

4027550.jpg

4027549.jpg

4027548.jpg

• Premium Member
The wiring was pretty straightforward once I ID’ed the wires on the bike. Trial and error gave away the proper harnesses of the three lines running to the turn signals and plate light. Had to get out the meter to tell the blue/yellow apart for the tail vs brake wires. I labeled them in the pics below in case anyone else runs into this issue and doesn’t have another easy reference. The admore kit comes with positap connectors which made the install a breeze.

The admore cable comes in two parts, so the one tucks under the seat when not in use, and the other runs from the lights and mounts through a hole, which you have to drill through the case somewhere. I chose to do this on the bottom left side for easy access. There aren’t many options, bc it has to be on a relatively flat part of the case, and most people will want it towards the front, but the front middle is blocked by the mounting plate.

Pretty happy with the admore kit overall. It’s not cheap, but my thought is if I’m taking the time to do all this I wanted to really increase the visibility as well. The brakes flash a few times on initial press before going solid, and the turn signals don’t affect the frequency that I can tell.

4027554.jpg  

4027555.jpg

4027556.jpg

4027553.jpg

Looks huge! I just added a Shad 39 liter top case. I needed the extra storage and a passenger backrest. I have the yamaha side cases, so I didn't need that much storage.

I'm also not a big fan of how they look, but they do offer a lot of utility.

Can't see the picture ! 
I really like this plate, when the box is not on the bike, it does not look like the one that I had on my old SV650, a weird black thing hanging outside the bike's.

Fixed! Now you should be able to seem them.

• Premium Member
The OEM Yamaha cases are also made by Givi. I got the rear carrier and a 39L case for AUD$450 (US$317) from the dealer.
Really?  The construction of the Yamaha hard bags isn't anything like any Givi I've ever owned before, and the mounting system is completely different too.  Or are you just talking about the top case? 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

The OEM Yamaha cases are also made by Givi. I got the rear carrier and a 39L case for AUD$450 (US$317) from the dealer.
Really?  The construction of the Yamaha hard bags isn't anything like any Givi I've ever owned before, and the mounting system is completely different too.  Or are you just talking about the top case? 

I can't comment on the quality of the Yamaha hard bags as I don't have them. 
I just received my Givi E41nn Keyless Side Cases. Absolute top notch quality. They are, however, on the larger side. I'm worried about how large they will look once I install them on the bike. I'm just waiting for my mounting kit to be delivered from Italy to do the install.

I'm only referring to the top case.  It even comes in a Givi/Yamaha co-branded box. 
I don't know who makes the side cases.

Archived