Givi 47NN Top Case

slt

• Premium Member
I'm pretty sure I've read that the Yamaha top and side cases are actually Shad, which is a sister company of Givi. Their "less expensive" line of products, if you would. 
I would be surprised if that was true.  GIVI is Italian and Shad is in Spain, but it certainly is possible. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I'm pretty sure I've read that the Yamaha top and side cases are actually Shad, which is a sister company of Givi. Their "less expensive" line of products, if you would. 
I would be surprised if that was true.  GIVI is Italian and Shad is in Spain, but it certainly is possible.
Kappa is the cheaper sister brand to Givi. They use the same Monokey/Monolock fitting system. I have Kappa cases 
I am not aware of any connection between Shad and the Italian mob
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
The Givi E21 panniers mentioned in this thread are now discontinued by Givi. They have the E22 now - these have a different shape lid with 1 litre more capacity.

See this thread for a discounted, end of line sale on the E21 http://fj-09.org/thread/3000/givi-e21n-side-cases-line from Germany. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
The OEM Yamaha cases are also made by Givi. I got the rear carrier and a 39L case for AUD$450 (US$317) from the dealer.

Got any photos of your own top case? I'm interested in the OEM 50L myself. But I still need to research too cases for build quality, price, and looks! Many people are going with the GIVI.

The OEM Yamaha cases are also made by Givi. I got the rear carrier and a 39L case for AUD$450 (US$317) from the dealer.
Got any photos of your own top case? I'm interested in the OEM 50L myself. But I still need to research too cases for build quality, price, and looks! Many people are going with the GIVI.
This is the rear carrier;

http://yshop.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/rear-carrier-9

This is the top case I bought, but there are a few in the Y-Shop to choose from;

http://yshop.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/39l-top-case

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Will be possible to use the key bike to open this V47?
no - Givi locks are very different but you can key all your Givi cases to one key

• 3 weeks later...
Will be possible to use the key bike to open this V47?
no - Givi locks are very different but you can key all your Givi cases to one key

The v47 uses the new security lock, only the latest panniers use this lock, so this may not be entirely correct - depends on the what's being used.

• Premium Member
the extra secure lock is a bit of a joke on a case made from plastic that can be entered easily with a Dremel or heat source...

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member
For anyone with this case that also happened to order the Admore kit, might want to check and see if all of your lights are working. Took a rare instance when I had flashers on with the lid up for me to notice that the amber lights were burned out entirely. Upon closer inspection, on one side you could see the reds were dying off also (on one side each module had 3 red dots, on the other 1-2).

Sent admore an email, and even though it was 1+ yr and out of warranty they stood by their product and replaced it, which was good to hear esp given they weren't inexpensive. Also nice to see that their replacement product fixed an initial disappointment, in that they are significantly brighter. Each side now has 12 LED modules vs 8, and they are all dual color, as opposed to the original which has alternating dedicated red and amber colors.

Archived